Get The Practice Without The Pain.
- Give kids a game that you love when they play!
- Practice Factoring to make Fractions easier!
- Popping the bubbles is addictive. Players can't stop getting better.
- Recommended as “A really fun game that teaches kids about prime numbers and factoring,” by the Parenting Beyond Discipline podcast.
Bubbly Primes is a prime numbers and factoring game. Parents, teachers, and kids put a lot of energy into mastering fractions. Fractions are an important subject, and in many cases, challenging. Help elementary and middle school students master factoring, a skill that's a building block for fractions and other important math subjects.
What makes Bubbly Primes different? Craftsmanship. It's a deceptively simple arcade-style educational game that features hand-drawn animated characters, classical music, a hypnotically soothing underwater world, and a critically important educational mission.
Originally intended as a simple, healthy, math game for kids, clever Bubbly Primes players have repurposed it as:
- A classroom activity.
- A family game.
- A brain training exercise for adults.
Bubbly Primes is a non-violent game, and has no in-app purchases.
How To Play
For a video, search for “How To Play Bubbly Primes”. It really only takes a few seconds to figure out the basic game.
- Tap “Start” to begin.
- Tap bubbles that contain composite numbers (numbers you can factor).
- As bubbles pop apart your score goes up.
- Keep popping them until they’re broken down to prime numbers.
- As prime numbers get to the top, they raise your score.
- Avoid tapping prime number bubbles. If you do, they’ll darken and fall to the bottom, lowering your score.
- As your score rises, playful critters appear.
- You can tap critters to change what they do.
- You can tap the water to make waves that move bubbles or critters.
- When a non-prime “composite” number gets to the top, it turns reddish and it’s too late to factor it.
- When five composites escape to the top, the round ends.
- If your score is one of the five highest, you can chose a critter for its symbol.
Nuhubit is a trademark of Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought two copies of this game. One for myself, and one for my daughter. My daughter “HATES” math. That’s a quote. The game is fun. It has cool characters and great sound-effects (sort of like the satisfying sound of popping the bubbles in bubble-wrap). My daughter and her two friends play the game now a lot. Really a lot. My daughter is now getting scores that are way higher than my scores. I’m sure I could do better if I practiced more. On the other hand, she is not really practicing. She would never practice. She is playing. I guess that’s the whole idea. We need more games like this!
So Fun and Educational!
I get mesmerized when I play this game. It's amazing how quickly one can start learning which numbers are primes. It's also relaxing to play because it's very dance like and I just keep wanting to play more and more!
This is such a good way for children and adults to learn their prime numbers. I highly recommend purchasing this and having it on your phone or iPad.
Bubbly Primes makes me smile!
When I see the kids playing Bubbly Prime, I smile, because I know how much it helps their math. I enjoy playing it too. It's convenient to play on the phone whenever there's a few minutes here or there, but it's even better on the iPad. I really like the little characters in the game. And, did you know 87 is 29 x 3? I certainly didn't before, but now I do.
- Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.