Love this App? You need an e-edition subscription to make it work. Need that? Contact the Courier Times for more information.
This App is free and you get to read an electronic version of the Bucks County Courier Times on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Check out the newspaper pages, ads and stories, headlines, pictures and video. Stay up to date with your local news, national and international news, sports and business while you’re on the go.
- Intuitive navigation.
- View headlines, stories, related photos and video.
- Read and listen to stories.
- Weather provided by Weather Bug.
- Download and sync content to device via Wi‐Fi or cellular network so you can read offline.
- Stories tab displays the top news stories by section so you can read the full text or listen to it being read by a virtual newscaster.
- Email a story or save it for future reference.
- Flip through, read and look at pictures within the actual newspaper pages of the printed publication.
- Publications Tab lets you access a 30 day archive of previous editions or the most recent edition.
- Search Tab lets you search for keywords within a headline or text of the stories.
Calendar control Copyright (c) 2009 Keith Lazuka. Licensed under the MIT license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php).
Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app is okay, but was very difficult to get into initially. I had to call and get customer service to get my log in info to work. Also, you can’t reprint anything! I’d dearly love to do the puzzles that appear, but there is no option to print!
Needs a lot of improvement
I currently have 2 other newspaper subscriptions, The New York Daily News & AM New York. They both allow you to retain multiple (30) issues in memory so you do not need to redownload previous issues. This BCCT app only allows one issue at a time. Once you download a new issue the previous one is deleted. There a tabs on the publication page but you cannot populate them. Only the top section is used. Another major issues the download time. Using wi-fi it takes anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes to download. The other 2 newspapers I have download in less than a minute. One nice thing is that the articles have links to go to the page where it continues and also to read the article on a separate page (sans pictures).
If they would allow multiple issues to remain downloaded at one time like the other apps and decrease download times it would be great. The paper is exactly like the actual paper and there are buttons on top (a, b, c, etc) to go to the other sections. Possibly they can also make these buttons to read what the actual section is (main, world, sports, money, etc).
Don't Work At ALL
The update came along and as soon as opening it I get a Data Base Error and it freezes. Can't read the paper I pay for to read on line. I have about had it with the Courier Times, they can't even deliver an electronic version of the paper, let alone to the door. Should be zero stars!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.