Top Buddhism App of 2017
- This is not a Mindfulness App for Meditation like so many others
- Be Calm, get into your Headspace, Chill. It is a good Simple Habit, but...
- This app goes beyond, and deeper, to what Buddha called:
"Other matters, profound, hard to see, hard to understand, peaceful, excellent, beyond mere thought, subtle, to be understood only by the wise... about which those who would praise me would rightly speak"
(Brahmajala Sutta 1)
- Are you ready for the Journey?
- Discover and Share the Teachings of the Buddha
- Meditate on a Buddhist Quote of the Day
- Explore Devotional Scriptures: Dhammapada, Nikaya, Udana, Sutras / Suttas, and more
- Get Daily Quotes from all traditions: Zen, Mahayana, Theravada, Tantric, and more
- Understand Karma, Mara, Samsara, Nirvana, the Four Noble Truths the Eightfold Path, and more.
- You can subscribe for unlimited access to all existing content and new content added daily during the duration of the subscription.
- The following prices are for the USA. For other countries, prices are the equivalent to these USA prices as per Apple's 'App Store Pricing Matrix'.
- Weekly subscriptions include a 3-day free trial and cost $7.99 per week after the end of the free trial.
- Monthly subscriptions cost $29.99 per month.
- Yearly subscriptions cost $116.99 per year, equivalent to $9.75 per month.
- Payment is charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package (weekly, monthly or yearly).
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription setting through your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of your subscription via your iTunes Account Settings. However, you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Unused portions of a free-trial period are forfeited upon subscription purchase.
-General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible waste of time. Don’t download.
The app is based on a subscription model. Fine. The problem is that upon download you will not even be able to see the content, layout, interface, or anything except the subscription sign up screen. I have have used many subscription based apps, but have never been asked to blindly subscribe, without even seeing the app or sample content. Sure you could use the free trial, but I feel like a good subscription app should at least provide sample content and a basic experience of the service before asking you to commit. Also, subscription price is steep, all the more reason to not go in blindly.
Dear user, thank you for your feedback. We see your point. We have tried it both ways across our apps over time and in our opinion always feel that, although it makes perfect sense in theory, in practice mixing free sample and paid premium content makes for a less pleasant user experience (ie. locks everywhere, multiple interruptions from paywalls, potentially also third-party ads) than just saying "try everything for a while for free and if you don't want it, cancel free of charge", and from then on the free trial user has exactly the same experience as a subscriber, with no ads, interruptions or restrictions. Having said that, we do see your point and will take your feedback into consideration - thank you. Buddha Quotes Team
DO NOT DOWNLOAD.
APP WILL NOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU PURCHASE SUBSCRIPTION.
I noticed that the developer responded to an accurate review with “Dear fellow Buddhist.” How cute. Sorry, you are not a Buddhist – or are in name only.
The way this app has been executed is EXTREMELY deceptive and NOT of the Dharma. Just charge for the app. The goal of REAL practice is not to try and become rich by gaming people into a subscription service. Ugh. It reminds me of the bad temples that seem to think dana is mandatory.
Dear user, thank you for your feedback - we are very sorry you found the app unsatisfactory. However please note that it is possible to sign up for a 3 day free trial, which can be cancelled free of charge, and that terms and pricing are clearly presented on the paywall, that purchasing a subscription requires confirmation with password, touch or face ID, and that subscriptions can be cancelled at any time via device settings. While we understand your suggestion that this be offered as a paid app, allowing for a free trial is one reason why we do not do so. Best - Buddha Quotes Team
Same of many people. Do not download this app. It will charge you $7.99 every week without any authorization and it got you an “automatic renewal” even when you delete the app from your device. Total scam!!
Dear user, we apologize for any misunderstanding. However, purchasing a premium subscription does require going through a screen that presents prices and terms, and then confirming the purchase with your Touch ID or password. Subscriptions include a 3 day free trial, and you can cancel at any time via your phone's settings. Please email us at buddhism [at] dailyltd.com and we can send you a step-by-step guide. Best - Budda Quotes Buddhism Dhamma team
- Daily International Ltd.
- 55.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Publicista
- In-App Purchases
- Buddhism Unlimited $7.99
- Buddhist Quotes Monthly $29.99
- Buddhism Unlimited $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.