Budget Notes for Home Budget
By Ikiarc LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This week was featured with App of the Day HD. Budget Notes is your new financial application, which makes budgeting easy and amazingly beautiful. Buy now!
Everything is visual: budget planning and limits, actual receipts and color reports. You easily work with your data from a single screen. Budget Notes perfectly fits both normal and Retina displays, and you get all the power and beauty of the app on any iPad.
••••• ••••• •••••
"This could be one of the best purchases you make" (c) PadGadget.com
••••• ••••• •••••
• Set up your Budgets. Think of all your income and expenses cases, which shall occur this month, and split them into big categories, i.e. meals, household, car, etc. Decide how much you are going to earn or spend on each category. That's your Budget.
• Start writing down your financial events (Transactions). When you get paid, write it down. When you buy anything, write it down in the way that you like.
• All the rest will be done for you by Budget Notes. You will see how your transactions of the current month relate to your Budgets, and how much you can spend according to your plans. You will see color Pie Charts that help you to estimate the ratio between your plans and facts and between your income and expenses.
• Great realistic design. All the elements are visualized. It's Budget Notes, meaning that it looks like your advanced paper copybook, which can calculate charts and track budget progress
• Smart default settings, which are set up so well that you don't need to edit them
• Customization freedom for those who like to go into special details
• Creation of recurring transactions
• Search your transactions on the fly
• Navigate between interface translations without relaunching the iPad
• Passcode protection
• Amazing look and feel resulting in your best experience
Budget Notes was made to help you finally enjoy budgeting.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- iCloud fix and sync between all your iPads
- Ability to turn iCloud on and off from the Info panel
- Major database optimization: now everything is quicker
- Alternative reports view for budgets longer than a month
- Total amount for all accounts
- Turkish language
Simple, easy, just one little bug but not bad
This app meets almost all my needs, I really love it, a financing app that does not require me to attach all my bank accounts, loan providers etc.. Into one app that has me afraid of losing my iPad!
I can omit information if I want, and add it later if I wish.
This app works great for small scale budgets, if you have a small business or are a freelancer this would not be a good app, there is only one 'book' so you would be limited to using it for personal or business budgeting, things would get messy in a hurry.
For someone who is penny wise or limits their monthly transactions this is the perfect app, adding sub categories in the transaction section would make it easier to read, after 4 trips a month to the grocery store and bi-weekly gas station stops the transaction section starts to get clogged up.
This app does not have the ability to plan your future budget/cash flow. This is a bit annoying and there should be a way to change the current date in the app, or when you advance your calendar the budgets and account information should be updated on a month by month basis.
I also came across a bug that caused some of my transactions to unlink. I created two budgets with the exact same title by accident, one of the budgets was set to run for a few months along with reoccurring transactions. I forgot about the other budget, made a new one of the same name and suddenly I had more money in my account then I should have had. I got no warning that there was a duplicate budget, obviously this messes with the ID system in the app. I added v2 to the name and that solved my issue.
Some awesome features I would love to see added:
1.) a 'transfer' budget type, so a user does not have to make two budgets, one for income and one for expense to transfer money between two accounts. a 'transfer' transaction type should also be added.
2.) an indicator for if a transaction has been recorded by the bank. Because this app is not connected to a bank account (which is why I got it!!) users should still balance their checkbooks, and to do that there needs to be some way to mark things off, or for auto payments get marked automatically. if I end up giving some one a check, and said person sits on that check, it is extremely annoying to log into my bank account and see the difference between the app and the bank, I then have to sift through my bank account and the app to find the discrepancy. A menu tool for all outstanding transactions would be extremely help full.
3.) interest rates for accounts, along with options for setting accrual.
4.) ability to view account information on a month by month basis, past and future.
5.) ability to have multiple 'books' or collections, with password protection for each, I think this app would be great for my kids to play with or start their own budgets, but I don't want them looking at my accounts thinking I can afford to but them more stuff :P
So far this is a solid little app, if the developers are able to add a few of the above features then this would be a one stop app for me!
Couldn't figure out how to delete the sample budget and
Implement my own?? Not very intuitive. I've used many similar apps but have never not been able to figure out how to delete the sample.
Love this Budget App!!
This app is so AWESOME-SAUCE, that I am addicted to using this beautiful app to budget my finances. I NEVER thought that I would enjoy something like this and budgeting, but this app is very encouraging and does not make the experience seem so difficult. It is also a very visual app too! I can see where everything is going, not going.
Thank you for such a beautiful, stream lined, cohesive, FUNCTIONAL app!
Looking forward to any app update releases to see what other helpful ideas you have for organizing and budgeting!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Mar 14, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ikiarc LLC
- © 2012 Ikiarc LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.