By Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily record expenses to see where your money is going. View reports that show expenses over time, by category, or against your spending limits.
Transaction sets let you keep your reimbursable business expenses separate from your personal expenses. You could even set up a transaction set for each family member.
- Fast transaction entry: Select from a list of previous entries or type a new entry, enter an amount, and click Record or hit Return. It's that simple.
- Use the included 75 categories or create your own.
- Filter displayed transactions by date, amount, category, or other info.
- Set planned spending limits for your categories and compare with your actual expenses.
- Mark transactions as tax-related then get a report of all tax-related transactions for a given time range.
- Get summary reports for various time ranges (monthly, biweekly, weekly, or daily).
- Print any of the reports or the transaction list.
- Export your transaction list as a tab-separated text file.
- Your expense spending pattern can be loaded into our full-featured personal finance application, Budget, when you are ready to upgrade.
- Picks up the currency symbol formatting from your system preferences.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
+ Summary view and reports now display only the categories that have transactions in them. There is a preference setting to revert to the old behavior of displaying all categories if you so desire.
+ More optimizations for speed! The main window displays in about half the time on launch, and switching tabs to display different views in the bottom area is much faster also.
+ Category editor now saves the file only if a change was made.
+ Added preference for where the data is saved.
+ Added icon for document file.
+ Fixed calculating date range for "Last Month" when current month is January.
+ Fixed problem when user attempts to open a different file from the Finder.
+ Fixed minor issues with OS X 10.7 Lion (table scrollbar on Summary tab and window restore system feature).
Budget WorkBook Does What it Should Do!
For someone who wants a simple effective way to track their expenses in defined categories, this is a great tool. Requires no learning curve; easy to understand and use. Don't expect a Quicken type budget app; this is not such. It is what it is; a great expense tracker with some flexibility to define buckets of expenses. Exports into Numbers or Excel without problems, where one can then massage the numbers further.
not really a budget software
Wish I had read the description a little better. This doesn't really help you in setting a budget up, but instead helps you track it. Might be useful if used alongside a real budgeting software. Overall a misleading name and not too happy. The program itself does work as described though.
I just bought this and did alot of data entry and there is not an ipad app to go with…very disappointed
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Oct 01, 2011
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- © 2011 Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later