Listed in creativebloq, techworld and wpmudev as one of the best code editors.
Buffer Editor is a POWERFUL code and text editor that lets you easily develop software, view code or take notes on the go. Join thousands of coders who trust Buffer Editor for fast, powerful, and advanced code editing on mobile devices.
Code and text editor you'll fall in love with !
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro and iPod touch
• Superfast user interface
• Split View and Slide Over support
• Full Screen Mode
• Dark mode
• Tabs. Quickly switch between your open files or terminals.
• Built In Terminal (SSH Client). Multiple terminals in tabs!
• Connect to BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git, Dropbox, iCloud ,Google Drive, SFTP, SSH and FTP servers
• BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git (Branch, Clone, Commit, Push, Pull)
• iOS Files app support
• Open from iOS Files app (Link external folders and open multiple files)
• Send files by email
• File search
• Extended Keyboard
• Vim coding support (If you don't need it, don't use it.)
• Unicode support
• Bluetooth keyboard support (Supports all iOS short-cut keys)
• Preview any files supported by iOS including images, PDFs, movies and documents
• iOS "Open In" support, from Buffer Editor to other app - vice versa
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Multiple dark and light themes (Ayu Dark, Ayu Light, Buffereditor, Candy, Dante, Dark Blue, Default, Desert, Dracula, Github, Inkpot, Jellybeans, Mac Classic, Made of code, Monokai, Oceanic, Putty, Solarized Dark, Solarized Light, Spacecadet, Wombat, Xcode)
To see the full list of features, including supported Vim commands, please visit
For support please visit
• Minor fixes and improvements.
• If you have any issues or requests, please contact: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Good editor, but not what I need it for
I like how you can import files and change them and then save it and I like the auto-tab, but when I wish it would show syntax errors where I forgot to place a bracket or etc. For $5 I felt like it didn’t offer much I could just use notepad instead, but if it worked like an IDE and had a compiler in it too for Java totally see spending $5 on this. I just don’t see a good reason to spend $5 on this app. I feel like this app has potential but not that great right now. It needs to be more than just an editor.
Git not pulling updates
I like the concept of this app, but it’s essentially useless to me because the repo I cloned is never being updated. Since the first clone, none of the updates I have pushed from other devices have loaded to this app. I have tried reopening the app and nothing.
Edit: thanks for the response! It works now... was having trouble finding what I needed in the usage docs
Hi, thanks for contacting. You have to pull the changes manually. Press ”+” sign on top right and press ”Pull from remote”. If you still need help please send email to our support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lag when navigating through directories
There’s a considerable pause when navigating through the directories and loading files in cloned projects. This pause does not exist if I disable networking (e.g. put the phone in airplane mode) which tells me that the app is doing a network call whenever you change directories/load files. The lag is pretty annoying. I don’t want to have to put the phone in airplane mode just to use this app.
Hi, This issue was fixed while ago. Please always use the latest version of the app. If you still have any other problems, we are happy to help and solve the issues. email: email@example.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.