Buffer for Twitter and Facebook
By Buffer, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Share to your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and App.net account, all from one place and at optimal times.
Any link, text, picture or video you want to share, add it to your Buffer. Your updates will automatically be scheduled and posted well spaced out over the day to your favorite social networks. Of course, any update can also be “posted now” inside the app.
Say you find 5 great articles and 2 funny images you want to share. Posting them all in a row is a pain for your friends and followers. Instead add them to your Buffer and you are good to go with great social updates for the next few days.
Why you’ll love Buffer:
• Share to multiple Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and App.net profiles from one place.
• Get Analytics for each social update you share: Clicks, retweets, likes, shares, mentions and more.
• Get your posts automatically timed and scheduled, so you never have to worry about setting a time and date. Just hit “add to Buffer”.
• Add updates to your Buffer from lots of different apps or via email.
• Get the mobile Safari bookmarklet to share any post you are reading.
Use Buffer directly from your favorite newsreading apps:
• Feedly – One of the best newsreading apps comes with direct Buffer support
• Reeder – Any article you read can easily be added to your Buffer
• Pocket – Save for later and also add to Buffer
• TweetCaster for Twitter: An awesome Twitter client, that lets you Buffer retweets and new updates.
• Instapaper, Feeddler, App.net Rhino, Drafts and Tweetings are also great apps you can Buffer from.
You can also add to your Buffer by emailing it in. It allows you to add from great apps like Flipboard, Pulse, Zite and more.
Buffer’s main version is free and you can easily upgrade to the Awesome Plan if you need special features like over 4 social accounts or storing unlimited updates in your Buffer.
Be sure to try out the web version too at http://bufferapp.com. It’s free!
Do you have any questions for us?
Sign up for Buffer for free through the web: http://bufferapp.com.
Find us on Twitter: @bufferapp
What's New in Version 2.7.9
Resolves crashing issue with move to top.
Great also for personal interests...
... I guess this is mostly geared towards businesses that cross post to multiple social sites but I use it to support artists, etc. because it allows me to space out posts so it doesn't turn into annoying spamming. I also dislike FB and this allows me to only have to visit every few days because I can acquire most info from email or SMS alerts; repost via Buffer. Being able to recall pasts posts also saves a lot of time. The developers are also very responsive to emails and super helpful which I appreciate beyond what words can express.
Regarding this recent update I am not sure what is going on with the two reviewer's accounts but I have been using Buffer all day on an iPhone 5 and have not experienced one issue. The developers are really nice a responsive; why not try and resolve an issue before crying and tossing a crap review?
I'm the type of person that does things in random bursts, so I would write five posts at once (cluttering the feed and minimizing the likelihood of engagement).
Now, with Buffer, I can still work in bursts, and the app will automatically spread them out across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
You can use this with Google+ with a page, but not a profile (It says that this feature is coming soon). I hope so, because that will make this app perfect!
A similar product, Hootsuite, allows you to do the same thing, but Buffer has a much cleaner, user-friendly interface.
Essential social media business tool
The Buffer app is one of the most important tools I have for my business covering health care events. It gives me control over the amount of time I spend engaged in social media allowing me to stay connected with followers across multiple accounts at once, quickly and easily!