Bughouse Chess Pro
Bughouse Chess is a popular chess variant played on two chessboards by four players in teams of two. Normal chess rules apply, except that captured pieces on one board are passed on to the players of the other board, who then have the option of putting (dropping) these pieces on their board.
Because of its fast pace nature coupled with the passing and dropping of pieces, Bughouse Chess looks chaotic when watched.
- Bughouse Chess Pro can be played on 1-4 devices
- Play online with 2-4 other Players
- Play with 2-4 other players via Bluetooth
- Compose teams with real Players or Computer AIs.
- Play solo with a computer partner and 2 computer opponents.
- On the iPhone zooming in and out is supported
Ratings and Reviews
An app that plays Bughouse Chess and does a great job of it on the iPad and surprisingly the iPhone too. I really like that you can play Bughouse Chess by yourself using the built in computer AI or have the AI substitute for any number of players. Great support for connecting multiple devices via wifi or bluetooth. Bughouse fans - this is a must have.
Doesnt really work
1. Computer AI plays at about a 200 level. That wasn’t a huge problem, the goal is to play with friends.
2. We tried to play a local game via bluetooth on a plane flight - we could never get all 4 connected at once. Well we did one time, but then the clock on one board didn’t start and we couldn’t get the second board working. Another time the clock did start but the person couldn't move.
3. Okay, so 4 people didn’t work - that’s fine one of us can play two boards.
That game seemed to work, but then it ended 3 moves too early. It is not checkmate when the opponent has a piece in hand that can be interposed, a rule that this apparently doesn’t consistently apply.
Really, Really, Really, Really FUN!!!
I love playing this bughouse app! I can play solo completely against the computer or with my friends. I play from my iPad & iPhone6. Addicting and I'm spreading the word!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.