Bugs and Numbers
By Little Bit Studio, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• "this will definitely become one of your child’s favorite apps", TeachersWithApps.com
• Editor's Choice Award, ChildrensTech.com
• "Your kid NEEDS this app.", SmartAppsForKids.com
• 18 GAMES! Less than 17¢ per game!
Make math fun for your child. Encourage their excitement for one of life's most critical skill sets by making it both educational and fun with Bugs and Numbers.
Bugs and Numbers provides an extensive collection of unique games dedicated to learning and practicing a wide range of math skills in a non-traditional way. Organized into three basic stages, the app grows with your child through 18 games ranging from basic counting to early fractions. Designed around a bug city, each game is crafted for a basic set of math skills with an eccentric and fun parallel to our own society. Imagine serving bugs food at the local diner that happens to spin on an old vinyl record, or help ferry ants across water in an egg carton. It's fun, unique, and most importantly, educational.
• 18 games and activities*
• 36 achievements and rewards
• Incredible retina graphics
• Beautiful and fun music
• Automatic play or explore
• Universal app for all of your devices (3gs and higher)
Expanded description of individual games and activities:
• Number and shape identity at the circus
• Practice left and right on an old arcade machine
• Seek and find while counting at a junkyard
• Tap and count while serving food at the local diner
• Paint by numbers at the gallery
• Match numbers and shapes at the hotel
• Count to 100 at the garage
• Trace numbers and shapes at school
• Arrange sequencing on a xylophone
• Comparisons at the theater
• Sort, count, and tally at the store
• Math with 10 on the ferry
• US currency on the old claw machine
• Practice time at the train station
• Find patterns in the zen garden
• Work with fractions at the pizzeria
• Measure length and weight in the lab
• Addition and subtraction on the gameshow
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback -- email us anytime at email@example.com or visit us at www.littlebitstudio.com
What's New in Version 1.3
• fixed issue in profiles name entry
• minor optimizations
Keeps 'em coming back!
My grandchildren love playing games, but when they want fun and a challenge, Buttons and Bugs is the game they turn to. I have 4 grandchildren in the 6 - 4 ages and there is something for all of them. As they get older the challenges are still there because there are lots of choices of games. The graphics are amazing! The music is enchanting but not boring. The kids love the humor of the bugs! They love the whole idea of bugs playing and they love learning math, science, and writing while playing with the buttons and bugs! I'm hoping it will also give them a love of nature.
I've had this game since the twins were 3 and will still have it for the last two grandchildren, ages 2 and 1, when they are older. I even love playing it!
Jo from Texas
Amazing this app has it all
This app covers math skills ranging from basic counting all the way through adding fractions with a model. My kids love to play it, and it is amazing to watch their growth. Today I saw my 3 1/2 year old daughter correctly identify fractions and mixed numbers. She plays this game every night for ten minutes before bed as a reward, and watching her grow n her mathematical thinking is unbelievable. Additionally, the graphics and music in this app are great. Tun bug theme makes it interesting. I highly recommend this app for parents, as well as for educators.
Flashy and needs instructions
This app is beautifully made. The graphics are extremely attractive and impressive. Despite this, there is not much mathematics being gained from this app. There are many games for students to play, but several of them have absolutely no mathematics involved in the games. There are no instructions, and even as an adult I was confused trying to figure out what I was supposed to do for some of the games. To expect a small child to understand what to do without any instructions isn’t realistic.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 23, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 345 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Little Bit Studio, LLC.
- © 2012, Little Bit Studio, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.