Build A Word Easy Spelling Long&Short Vowels,Sight
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* "It is clear this app was created by those that understand learning and for those of an appropriate age it is a must-have."- AppAdvice
* "This is great for first grade spelling practice. I like the fact that you can break the words down into the different lists and I really appreciate being able to add in my own words."-The iPhone Mom
* "repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and sounds" – Tech&Learning
* "This app is also great for special education students who need modified lists. This app is highly engaging and wonderful for students." – Instructional Technology Integration Partnership OHIO
* Recommended and downloaded by schools worldwide
* Contains over 1200 English words (Dolch's Sight Word List and more) +create your own list
UNIQUE FEATURES BENEFICIAL TO COMMON CORE PEDAGOGY:
► custom-made spelling-word lists (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► SHARE custom spelling lists to other iPads, iPhones... using e-mail, Google Drive, or DropBox
►1200 existing spelling words in categories (word families): phonemic, and semantic
► HISTORY keeps track of student’s progress (customization per student possible)
► audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► optional Montessori-style color coding vowels and consonants
► upper or lower case letters
► four modes: Learn, Practice, GAMES and Test (quiz)
► immediate sound feedback upon tapping correct/incorrect letter
► child proof SETTINGS button
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► ACCESSIBILITY options for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► custom made features for special needs students
► for PHONICS narration download our other spelling app: Build A Word - Easy Spelling With Phonics
► watch video: http://youtu.be/-__mVxHC8L4
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of blank background helps students focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired students
* answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* big letter cards easy to spot
* no frustration: visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the student step by step through the correct spelling process
* any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
The underlying pedagogical methodology for this application is to teach students letters as well as to teach them how to combine letters into words. A student is offered either/both a visual prompt or/and audio prompt to "write" a word. The word is to be ‘written’ by dragging appropriate letters one at a time in the designated slot in the correct order. Success is rewarded by a short fun game.
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does NOT contain ads.
- Does NOT contain in-app purchases.
- Does NOT contain integration with social networks.
- Does NOT use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind child-proof settings button.
- Thank you!
What's New in Version 7.3
Bug that prevented creation of custom lists on iOS 10 resolved.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 29, 2017
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 58.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Spanish
- Seller: natasa gajic
- © @Reks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.