Search and sort dairy bulls industrywide from your device. The Bull Search app includes genetic evaluations on approximately 40,000 bulls, including Holstein, Jersey, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Ayrshire and Milking Shorthorn bulls. Users can lookup bulls by their short name, NAAB code or registration number to view their genetic details and pedigree information.
Active bulls can be sorted or filtered by a main genetic index or individual traits. Ideal Commercial Cow (ICC$) index values are available on GENEX Holstein and Jersey bulls.
The app includes file export options. Export a list of bulls with their genetic trait details to an Excel or CSV file. The file can be saved to the user’s device, emailed or sent via text message.
After the initial download of data, an internet connection is not needed for searching or sorting bulls.
Users will be notified when new genetic data is available for download.
- App filtering experience has been updated to help improve user experience
- Now includes its own dedicated filter page
- Filter page will list which traits are being filtered on
- Button added to home screen for directly adding filters to sorted bull list
- Ability to create multiple favorites lists
- Ability to add multiple bulls to favorites lists by selecting bulls from the filtered bull results list and tapping on the heart icon
- Label for Digital Dermatitis is now Hoof Health
- Conformation chart changed to 2.0 scale
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.