Burds - Connect the dots with birds, a logic zap pop jewel gem puzzle game.
By Troy Sandal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Burds is a puzzle game about matching and clearing colourful birds. It’s surprisingly easy to pick up- and hard to put down. It takes just a few swipes to learn the basics, but only the cleverest players become Burd-masters.
Here are the basics:
- Match two or more like-coloured Burds together
- Matches can only be made up/down and left/right
- Diagonals aren’t allowed
- Longer matches are worth more points than smaller matches
- When the clock runs out, the jig is up!
That’s all you need to know to get started! Download the app and get going, my friend.
-Justin & Troy
OK, I see that you’re still reading. I’m guessing that you’re a type-A personality and you want to get ahead of the rabble. I’ve always wondered who clicked on the “More” link in the App store. Now I know: you do! Well, to reward your persistence, here are some tips.
- Fill the PROGRESS METER at the top of the board by collecting birds
- When you fill the PROGRESS METER, the CLOCK will reset to 30 seconds
- Connect birds into a “square” or “loop” to remove all Burds of that colour from the board
- Connect any bird to a bomb to remove all Burds of that colour from the board
- “Wild eggs” can be connected to any bird
- Double-tap a single Burd to use a ZAP and remove that Burd from the board
- Press the FREEZE button to stop the clock (for a little while)
- You can undo a move by pressing the UNDO button. Shocking, no?
- If you run out of ZAPS, FREEZES or UNDOs, use your coins to get more
- Collect COINS by matching them together or ZAPPING them
- When you collect a coin, a few extra seconds are added to the clock, so if time is running out, work on collecting coins
Armed with this information, you should find yourself in the top 10% of Burds players! Congratulations! Go play and have some fun!
-Justin & Troy
I can’t believe you’re still reading! Do you scoff at type-A personalities for their lack of focus and drive? Then, surely, you’re the kind of power-user who is going to appreciate these advanced tips!
SPOILER: if you haven’t actually played the game yet, I recommend that you go play it for a while and see if you can’t figure out some (or all) of these on your own. When you come back to rate us (hint,hint), you can compare notes.
- Use the ZAPS. We put them in the game to be used. It’s not cheating.
- COINS are just like Burds. If you make a square or connect them to a bomb, you get all of them.
- It’s easiest to make longer matches early in the game, so focus on making long chains early-on.
- If you’ve just filled the PROGRESS BAR and the clock is full, hold off on collecting more coins. Because the clock doesn’t go above 30, try to save coins for when they’ll have the most impact
- If you’re running out of time, don’t bother with long chains- you need to focus on filling up the PROGRESS METER. Go after squares and bombs. These don’t give you as many points as long chains, but they fill up the PROGRESS METER faster.
- Speaking of filling up the meter quickly, try connecting a bomb to another bomb or a wild. You’ll be glad you did.
- Use FREEZE. It’s easy to forget about this very powerful boost.
- You can use FREEZE more than once per game, but it gets shorter with each use during a single game- so don’t think you can just “freeze” your way to the top of the leaderboards
- The leaderboards reset on Sunday night (Pacific Standard Time), so your chances of landing on the global leaderboard are best early on Monday morning. It feels good to be at the top- even if it’s just for a little while.
If you have any other great tips that we’ve missed, or just want to let us know what you love or hate about the game, please don’t hesitate to click the “Send Us Feedback” link on the main menu and send us your thoughts.
Now, seriously, go play! You deserve it, my little ubermensch.
-Justin & Troy
What's New in Version 1.7
Bug fixes and stability.
My new addiction...
I've been playing this game for awhile. And at first I thought it would go the way of most games for me, where it stops being fun and I lose interest. I was also annoyed that I used up all my lives so quickly and had to stop playing while they refilled (and I actually sent in-app feedback saying as much and received a super nice and helpful response!)
Well, the "leaderburds", as they are called, reset each week so I am constantly playing to keep my name in there. And there's an option to pay once for unlimited lives. Totally worth it.
The game is well-designed. It's nice to look at and fun to play. And it is constantly improving! And the developers are very friendly and responsive! This is probably the best game I have on my phone.
Almost the perfect game
To really enjoy this game, you have to buy the full version. :/ You must also purchase coins (or spend a whole lot of time earning them) to get a high score. Each week the high scores are re-set. This feature is cool if you're into competing with all other users. However, it also erases your personal high scores each week. This frustrates me because I don't care to compete with the world, I just like to work to beat my own high scores. I want my personal scores left alone.
Best game ever!
This is the best game I've found for my IPhone as of yet, I love the simplicity of it and the cute graphics. It's fast paced and challenging without taking too much effort. You can use 10 lives before you are promoted for an in-app purchase which I think is reasonable. More opportunities for power ups would be cool or more types of power ups to make it more interesting and maybe a paid "endless" mode for the therapeutic burd user 😜
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 18, 2014
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 46.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Troy Sandal
- © 2013 Tiny Marble Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Refill 10 Lives$0.99
- Large Coin Package$4.99
- Small Coin Package$0.99
- Medium Coin Package$1.99
- Unlimited Lives$5.99
- Extra Large Coin Package$24.99
- Unlimited Lives$3.99
- Unlimited Lives$4.99
- Refill 10 Lives$1.99
- Unlimited Lives$6.99