Arcos’ Burn Resuscitation Simulator is a simulation and training tool for burn care clinicians.
Enter example patient data to receive hourly fluid recommendations and see unique burn resuscitation graphs. Useful as a teaching tool for new nurses and annual skills fairs. The Burn Resuscitation Simulator is powered by the Burn Navigator® engine and has adult and pediatric patient protocols.
Burn Navigator has been used by leading U.S. burn centers since 2013. Retrospective clinical data shows:
o 35% additional time in target urine output range(1)
o 24 hour fluids given reduced from 6.5 to 4.2 mL/kg/TBSA(1)
o 2.5 fewer ventilator days(1)
o Acute Kidney Injury incidence reduced from 15% to 6% in first five days (p=.089)(2)
1. J Salinas et al, Computerized decision support system improves fluid resuscitation following severe burns: An original study. Crit Care Med 2011 39(9):2031-8
2. Sheaffer J et al, Incidence of Acute Kidney Injury in Computerized Decision Support System Guided Fluid Resuscitations, American Burn Association Oral Presentation, 24 March 2017
Burn Navigator has U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance, European CE mark and Health Canada regulatory license.
The Burn Resuscitation Simulator is limited to a 60-minute teaching session and is not intended for patient care.
More information about Burn Navigator is available at:
Added hourly update sound.
Updates to the user notification and patient alerts.
- Arcos, Inc.
- 28.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Arcos Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.