Burpquake: The World's Loudest Burping Animals
By Todd Lehman
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Once upon a time, there were six little critters who loved to burp. Each remarkable in its own way, together they formed a magnificent and legendary burp symphony. Now you can join their mischievous medleys and seismographic shenanigans as they quake your iPad & iPhone!
• Burp the animals individually, in pairs, or in combinations. (See "Device Variations" sections below for limitations on older devices.)
• Live seismograph displays earthquakes as the animals burp. The louder the system volume, the greater the quake.
• Animated mouths and rotating ray-bursts, both synchronized to the audio.
• Over 1,500 unique, high-fidelity burp sounds ranging in length from ⅛ second to 5 seconds.
• Supports all iPad orientations (portrait, landscape, and upside-down of both).
• Burpophonic™ volume ramping technology for burps louder than you thought were possible on an iPad. (Not available on 1st-generation iPad.)
To Burp an Animal:
• Tap for a short burp; press and hold for a longer burp. Visual indicator grows as air is swallowed.
• Optionally, while pressing to inhale, move finger up/down/left/right to change the “color” of the burp you are requesting. This makes a suggestion to the animal that it should try to imitate one of the other animals.
• Each animal has its own pitch range. The chick, for example, is very high-pitched, while the elephant is very low-pitched.
• Be careful not to burp any one animal too frequently, or it might get sick.
• 339 unique burp recordings totaling 10½ minutes of audio (all 96kHz lossless), multiplying to 1,652 unique burp sounds after dynamic pitch processing.
• iPad — iPad 2 and all newer iPad models (including all iPad Mini and iPad Air models) support burping of 6 animals simultaneously. 1st-generation iPad is limited to 2 animals simultaneously.
• iPhone — iPhone 4S and all newer iPhone models support burping of 3 animals simultaneously. iPhone 4 supports 2 animals simultaneously. iPhone 3GS is limited 1 animal at a time.
• iPod touch — 5rd-generation iPod touch supports burping of 3 animals simultaneously. 4th-generation iPod touch supports 2 animals simultaneously. 3rd-generation iPod touch is limited to 1 animal at a time.
• No personal information is collected or retained. More details: http://www.facebook.com/notes/burpquake/burpquake-privacy-policy/1523591794561441
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Now also available for iPhone and iPod touch. (Originally available only for iPad.)
I D/L this app because I'm always on look out for cute apps for kids.
The whole app is colorful, great graphics, over easy to use.
There is only one drawback... Having raised 2 boys I do not feel need to encourage or make burping funny. I'm by far not a prude or anything... I just wish any other sound was used... Yes I get it's named burp, I was hoping it wasn't really making them burp.
Maybe a new sound.. New release???
Can't stop laughing
This makes me laugh so hard I wheeze! Can't believe the number of options this has for a few tiny animals. Makes me miss my childhood. Hubs likes to try to compete with the adorable critters
Endless Fun for Kids
My kids love this app. The characters are cute and the kids love making them burp.