By SCS Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
In Bus Driver, your job is to transport passengers around an attractive and realistic city. You must drive to a timetable on a planned route, whilst obeying traffic rules, and taking care not to upset or injure your passengers. This makes Bus Driver unlike any other driving game - the experience of driving a bus is very different from blazing through a racing circuit as in most driving games.
- 12 different models of bus to drive, such as double-decker and schoolbus.
- 36 routes with varying weather conditions set at differing times of day.
- An expansive city environment with various districts.
What's New in Version 1.5.5
- Improved compatibility with the full range of all Mac OS X versions.
- Enabled application sandboxing.
This is a fun driving game and I would recommend it! I would give this five stars but because of a number of things I will only give it a 3. First of all its very hard to pull out of a station and see the oncoming traffic from the left as there are only two views ( as far as I can see) the outside back of the bus and through the windshield. You can't look left or right even if you look through the rearview mirrors because of the angle. Then, if you want to make a right turn its almost impossible without running over the sidewalk unless you swing wide in which case you might crash into an oncoming vehicle. Also when you stop at a red light, which is I think, twice as long as the green which you barely have time to cross, I get beeped from behind from cars. Why are they beeping me, its a red light? Now I really like the town scenery but I feel I'm driving through a ghost town as if all the people disappeared into thin air. Could they put in some static figures like at the bus stops to populate the town? Its eerie driving the empty streets. I have no steering wheel at this time so I'm using a Thrustmaster joy stick which is OK but hard to steer and I can't use any of the buttons on it like turn signals which I have to reach on the key board. Just little things that could be better. Still I like it and I recommend it if you like a driving game!
fun, but could be better
this game is pretty fun, but i have a few suggestions to make it even better:
1. Make a sandbox mode everyone is talking about where you could pick up anybody on the streets and bring them to their destination.
2. You should be able to updrage your bus. (i.e. turbocharger, more power, better handling and braking, etc.)
3. Make a button where you can turn on bright lights at night! its really hard to see sometimes.
4. other people honk at me when im at a red light (as mentioned in other reviews)
5. if you can be THIS successful in a bus drving game, make some more transportation games! like a taxi driver, or train driver.
6. A multiplayer function would be fun! you could chat with other bus drivers on the road via a program on the game.
7. Towns need more populating, b/c it is like a “ghost town” as mentioned in other reviews.
These are just my suggestions, but the game is very great to kill some time and enjoy a rainiy day on a saturday
This is a very fun game. It mimicks real-world driving, turn signals, red lights, etc. I do not see the sandbox function, thus I wil only give it four stars. Its a really fun game if your into simulation, maybe even to help teach your kids to drive (not completely, just more of an understanding).
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 87.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
- Seller: SCS Software s.r.o.
- © 2007 SCS Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later