** NEW ** Realtime Subway Departures powered by MTA Subway Time- just $0.99 as an in-app-add-on!
BUS NYC IS THE MOST FEATURE RICH NEW YORK CITY BUS APP AVAILABLE, ENHANCED WITH MTA BUS TIME.
*** Winner at the MTA AT&T App Quest Awards! ***
* Find out when the next buses are scheduled to arrive.
* With MTA Bus Time®, we can give you live departure info and bus positions for all MTA buses in New York.
* **NEW** Realtime Subway departures for the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, L and S (42 St Shuttle), all for just $0.99! More realtime routes will be added as they become available.
* View full bus timetables for a selected service even when you don't have an internet connection e.g. find out when the last bus is scheduled to leave.
* View official MTA route maps for the Subway and the bus networks in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx & Staten Island.
* Find out latest news that might affect your daily commute, as well as status updates for bus, subway, rail, bridges & tunnels.
* Add stops to your favorites so you can quickly find out when your next buses are due to arrive.
* View bus routes on the map and find out where they go.
* Search for a location or pin point your current position on the map so you can find nearby bus stops.
* Use the official MTA Journey planner to find out how to get from A to B.
* Lots of information about the MTA, including fares and MetroCards, FAQs, accessibility, contact details, how to get to and from the airports and lots more.
* Find out the latest news about your transport network, including improvements and innovations.
* Plus: many of the features work offline! Use it whilst on the Subway, or when you have no signal.
Be green! Let's try and get more people using public transport in New York City!
We love to receive feedback :) Email us at busNYC@electriclabs.com for comments or suggestions you have about the app.
This app was produced by Electric Labs Ltd under licence from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
For a full list of supported bus routes, please visit:
* Updated route maps including the new Staten Island Express service
* Realtime on the 7
* Bug fixes
If you can spare a moment, writing a review really helps us to spread the word and support development :) Each time we release a new version of the app, our reviews disappear, so if you’ve reviewed in the past, we would appreciate if you could resubmit your review!
Ratings and Reviews
Shows multiple bus locations
I have several apps on my phone that give me location / schedule data on trains and buses in NYC, including the MTA’s new app. They each do something that the other doesn’t, so that’s why I still have multiple apps that do the same thing. What this app does that no other does is that it shows the GPS locations of all the buses on the route you choose. During rush hour, it’s very helpful to quickly see that you just missed a bus, but there’s another one coming. Other times, a packed bus comes by, but I can see that the next one is just around the corner, so I’ll wait for that one. The UI is has fallen behind, though. I have another app that train and bus info is displayed in a much more user friendly way (I use that one for non rush-hour travel). And the MTA app has become the only one I use for train times. Shocking, I know.
A life saver for my commute
I use this app daily to check in with my reg buses and routes to work and back. It takes a little fiddling around to figure out how best to use it but I've found that if you set your favorite bus lines or go directly to the map option of your current location I can quickly access the timetables, ETA and location of any given bus line. It also has subway/rail status updates for quick reference. This app has been super useful and so far reliable with its regular status updates. I feel like it's a must-have app if you live/work in the NYC area.
Only accurate bus app, thumbs down for UI.
I’ve used and relied on other apps including transit (the battery eater) before someone told me about this one. Other apps constantly showed out of service buses that would pop on the route as moving and then disappear off the radar. This could be due to MTA’s signal but for whatever reason that does not appear to be frequent (or at all) on this app.
Downside. I can’t stand the interface and needs to be modified/simplified so that the homepage upon loading shows the routes closest to current location.
- Electric Labs Ltd
- 126.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Electric Labs Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Subway Add On $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.