Business Card Reader Pro
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant (it takes seconds!) recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with LinkedIn, Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, web sites
• Background image processing, saves time when scanning multiple cards.
• Export to Salesforce as Contact, Lead or Account
• Export to Evernote
• Export as .xlsx document
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
• LinkedIn support: search, contact adding, import of info and photo
• Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
• Anti-shake image capture
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
NOTE FOR SALESFORCE INTEGRATION
We recommend you to contact your Salesforce account representative in order to find out if API access is enabled under your Salesforce profile.
Compatible Salesforce Editions:
Developer, Enterprise, Group, Professional, Unlimited
• iOS 5 and later
• iPhone 3GS or later, the new iPad or later
• On original iPad, iPad 2 and iPod Touch the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Option to export contact information as .xlsx document
- Option to choose between Contact, Lead and Account for export to Salesforce
Enjoy using Business Card Reader? Please leave a review and share your experience with others!
Great app with a unique feature
When you scan a business card and the app processes the image, it puts the results in a new contact page. When you enter a field that has info, lets say the name field, there is a section of that image below for you to verify the OCR results, it highlights the character it used! I've not found another app that does this and is a great help. OCR is NEVER perfect. You will always have to double check, this app is the best in making it easy to check.
At first, I tried scanning a business card and it got the info wrong, but then I took a better one with more light. It definitely got everything down, although it didn’t read the @ sign properly…but I was really impressed with the way it highlights the part of the image for each part of info it puts down, very classy. I will definitely be using this in the future, keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing this work on more business cards.
Quality of recognition is way above expectations
Happy customer reporting. At first I was sceptical about OCR technology, however things get slow when you have to deal with 20+ cards and you’re using a service with human text recognition. Besides excellent recognition quality, this app can do batches of cards and it literally seconds to process a single card.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 30, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2013 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.