Business Card Reader Pro
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant (it takes seconds!) recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with LinkedIn, Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, web sites
• Background image processing, saves time when scanning multiple cards.
• Export to Salesforce as Contact, Lead or Account - available as in-app subscription
• Export to Evernote
• Export as .xlsx document
• (New!) Export to VCard
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
• LinkedIn support: search, contact adding, import of info and photo
• Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
• Anti-shake image capture
INTEGRATION WITH SALESFORCE1 HOW-TO GUIDE:
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
NOTE FOR SALESFORCE INTEGRATION
We recommend you to contact your Salesforce account representative in order to find out if API access is enabled under your Salesforce profile.
Compatible Salesforce Editions:
Developer, Enterprise, Group, Professional, Unlimited
• iOS 7 and later
• iPhone 4 or later, iPod Touch with camera, the new iPad or later
• On iPad 2 the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 3.4
Adapted for iPhone 6 Plus
Updated OCR engine
Support for Salesforce picklists
Bug fixes in Excel, Salesforce, LinkedIn modules and others
OCR is very poor!
After reading the reviews on iTunes and other websites, I decided to buy this rather-expensive app ($7 versus most others are $1) for my iPhone 6. If you are looking for a "camera app" to store images of business cards, then this might be for you. Otherwise, the OCR machine is SO bad that you end up typing everything in anyway. You might as well save your money and type it in from scratch! I have tried all forms of lighting, used a tripod for stability, etc. -- but, nothing seems to get even "acceptable" results. To date, I have not had a single business card scan correctly.
Great way to keep your professional contacts
Update looks amazing! Glad they continue to modernize and improve. The linkedin and Evernote integration make this the best way to have a modern business card Rolodex. Super easy to use and sleek design. Quit keeping cards everywhere and get it! Updates keep this app the best card reader, keep em coming devs
Nice update with lost of new functions, arrangement to make the app more useful and easier to use.
With this app I can create lot of the name card, with various feature, color and even the arrangement in each card. And of course if I don't like one card I can easily make a new one. Thanks the producers for making this great app and please keep updating for more and more great features, thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2015 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Export to Salesforce - 3 months$17.99
- Export to Salesforce - 1 year$59.99