Business Card Reader Pro
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant (it takes seconds!) recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with LinkedIn, Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, web sites
• Background image processing, saves time when scanning multiple cards.
• Export to Salesforce as Contact, Lead or Account - available as in-app subscription
• Export to Evernote
• Export as .xlsx document
• (New!) Export to VCard
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
• LinkedIn support: search, contact adding, import of info and photo
• Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
• Anti-shake image capture
INTEGRATION WITH SALESFORCE1 HOW-TO GUIDE:
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
NOTE FOR SALESFORCE INTEGRATION
We recommend you to contact your Salesforce account representative in order to find out if API access is enabled under your Salesforce profile.
Compatible Salesforce Editions:
Developer, Enterprise, Group, Professional, Unlimited
• iOS 7 and later
• iPhone 4 or later, iPod Touch with camera, the new iPad or later
• On iPad 2 the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Fixed crashes on iOS 8
- New feature: exporting contacts to VCard format
- Export to Salesforce is now available as a subscription. Free for existing customers.
Business Card Reader Pro
Update: after using this app for quite some time, I have to admit it has become the perfect companion everyday. I regret giving it three stars and now will give it five. Way cool!
I know there is a lot of uses this app has, but i can think of none that benefits me. I dont work with business cards nor am i interested in this. Pass.
Update 2: the developer has kept it interesting by adding quite a few new options and making the app faster and more accurate.
Business Card Reader Pro
This update has confirmed my love for this absolutely awesome app to have all my cards just one click away.
Update: bug fixes and stability is included in this latest update. I just used the app to scan a couple dozen cards and it worked like magic.
Update 2: it just keeps getting better: now you can export your contacts to vCard files. Awesome!
a mainstay in my suite of productivity apps
This app does exactly what it should do - scan the text of a business card into Contacts nearly flawlessly. I say "nearly" because some business cards aren't OCR-friendly. But on several occasions I've been surprised at the accuracy given the quality of the card I had to scan. This is a mainstay in my suite of productivity apps.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 10, 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2014 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Export to Salesforce - 3 months$17.99
- Export to Salesforce - 1 year$59.99