By BusyCal LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
BusyCal is an award winning calendar app that provides powerful time-saving productivity tools in a friendly, personalized, easy-to-use package.
BusyCal's unique and powerful features include customizable calendar views, scrolling Month and Week views, an integrated Info Panel for quickly viewing and editing events, integrated To Dos that display in the calendar and carry-forward until completed, custom font sizes and styles, graphics, live weather feeds and moon phases, and a menu bar app for quick access to the current day's events and weather.
BusyCal supports iCloud, Exchange, Google Calendar, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share your calendars through the cloud with other Macs running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app on OS X, as well as iPhones and iPads running the built-in Calendar app on iOS.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day, Year or List
• Customize the number of weeks shown per month, or days shown per week
• List view displays custom date ranges and columns, including automatic totaling of hours for time billing
Manage To Dos
• To Dos can be displayed directly in your calendar and carry-forward until completed
• Control the date range and sorting of To Dos in the To Do List
• Create repeating To Dos
• To Dos in BusyCal are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on OS X and iOS
• Alarms may displayed in the BusyCal Alarm Window or the Notification Center
• Snooze alarms for any duration, including x minutes before start
• Set default alarm intervals for new Events, To Dos, All-Day Events, and Birthdays & Anniversaries
• Display a list of today's events and weather forecast in the menu bar
• View event details, mark a To Do as completed, or create new events using natural language
• Display the menu with a shortcut key
Weather, Graphics, Holidays and Birthdays
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast and moon phases
• Drag-n-drop images into your calendar with the new Graphics palette
• Display stylized Holidays, Birthdays, and Anniversaries
• Customize event fonts, sizes, styles and colors
• Info panel allows you to view and edit event details directly
• Customize the fields shown, such as Location, Time Zone, Tags, and Last edit time
• Adjust dates and times with arrow keys or the new date picker
• Arrange calendars into Groups and instantly show/hide them with a single click
• Create Smart Filters to display a set of calendars, a custom view, or events that match a certain criteria
• Use tags to track important events, projects or clients
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Exchange, Google Calendar, and other CalDAV servers
• Inbox displays notifications of meetings and changes made to events on shared calendars
• Availability Viewer displays free/busy time when scheduling meetings
• Share calendars on your LAN with other BusyCal users
• Sync BusyCal with the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch through iCloud, Exchange or Google Calendar
• Events in BusyCal sync with the iOS Calendar app
• To Dos in BusyCal sync with the iOS Reminders app
• Create automatic backups
• Set default calendar, start time and duration for new events
• New Find window lets you search your entire calendar independent of the current view
• Option to display a warning when modifying an event on a shared calendar
What's New in Version 2.6.6
• Added "Copy BusyCal Event URL to Clipboard" command
• Added Smart Filter predicates for "is set" and "is not set"
• Attendee and Contact fields will match Tags in BusyContacts and auto-fill its members (requires BusyContacts 1.0.3).
• Localized in Simplified Chinese
• Quick Entry improvements
• Remember column widths when creating list view settings Smart Filter
• Improved speed when dismissing hundreds of notifications via OK All
• Don't add default alarm when editing existing event with no alarm
• Don't dim Exchange file attachments on read-only meetings
• Treat HTTP 307 Redirects as a temporary error
• Fixed issue with Alarms sometimes not firing when snoozed past midnight
• Fixed bogus WebDAV change notifications from some servers (e.g. Kayak)
• Fixed Print crash
Excellent compared with ical
I have used tis program since it first came out. It is very stable and works so much better than ical. Does an excellent job handling mac and google calander. It does a much better job with outlook calendars than ical still I wish I could have a little more control over editing outlook calendar events. Currently busy cal blocks editing some outlook events. I have been told by the dev team that that is an Outlook ‘feature’. I’m not buying it…I solve the problem now by copyting the even into another calandar and then deleteing the original. I would like to have the ability to move events between calandars even after accepting meetings.
Feature requests that would make this 5 stars…
some kind of meeting time polling tool similar to doodle or a multiple meeting time invite that could be sent out and then resolve when the invites make choices. Also would like to have a better integration with the to do list and a better way to create calandar events by highligthing and copying text from a web page, email, text, a document or my contacts.
Honestly, this is the best task manager and calender combo for Mac if you are looking for something to replace the default calender application, but you don’t want to get rid of iCloud and have it work on your iPhone / iPad / etc. Calenders should be intuitive, easy to read. Task management should be customizable. I prefer to have my tasks in the same program as my calendar because I don’t want to have too many seperate programs open, or have to duplicate information in multiple programs. This program is easy to use, has an intuitive interface, and works well. It is a bit expensive, and though I knew of its capabilities, I was not willing to purchase it initially simply becasue of cost/benefit. With the arrival of their companion program, BusyContact (which is leaps and bounds a better program than the contact manageemtn that comes by default) integrated, the two together are worth the cost.
BusyCal has stood the test of time… I have used this for nearly 2 years now and my calendar is my lifeline to keep me organized. It works flawlessly and you’d be hard pressed to find some functionality that the developers have not incorporated into the product… in fact I sometimes still discover new tings BusyCal does like allow for starting an event in one time zone and finishing in another one… not something I use every day, but for things like flights it’s a great feature. There are some calendars on the market that have a slicker interface, but don’t let that fool you… BusyCal is the top when it comes to working as a calendar.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 2.6.6
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: BusyCal, LLC
- © Copyright 2007-2015 by BusyCal, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor