BusyCal - Calendar, Reminders & To Dos
By BusyCal LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and to dos.
BusyCal's unique features include customizable calendar views, integrated to dos, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, natural language input, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for Mac, the leading calendar solution for Mac OS X that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wid range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• To Dos are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• To Dos can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• To Dos can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• To Dos can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
• To Dos are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on Mac and iOS.
Travel Time, Locations and Maps
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for Mac.
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, OS X Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and to dos.
• Set default settings for events, to dos and alarms.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
• Improved Location formatting and Travel Time compatibility
• Increased the Map zoom level for events with locations
• Fixed phone dialing in location field for phone numbers containing symbols
• Fixed scrolling of long lists in Location Picker
• Fixed bug preventing the clearing of an existing location
• Fixed location lookup for local contacts containing a space
• Fixed display and default setting of Free/Busy field in Event Details
Poor syncing with other devices
I love BusyCal for the Mac - it is the most important app on my laptop, primarily due to its excellent support of dated tasks (called ToDos in BusyCal & Reminders in the Apple ecosystem) that can be shown on one's calendars.
And frankly I like many things about the design of the iOS app... EXCEPT that rather than directly accessing iOS events and reminders on your device, like every other iOS app does, the folks at BusyCal prefer to access them via iCloud - which means delays of anywhere from 10-30 minutes before changes within the iOS app get reflected on an Apple Watch or on an iPad or a Mac! And thats totally unacceptable for time-sensitive calendaring info (events and reminders).
Although it certainly could be argued that this issue is due to limitations on sync frequency imposed by Apple, the bottom line is that unless the developers adopt the widely accepted practice of directly accessing iOS event and reminder info (and thus the push/pull syncing that Apple supports), the app is unusable for anyone requiring near instantaneous sync among devices
Very good start
[review updated for 3.13] I've used BusyCal on the Mac for many years, so I'm glad to see them come to iOS. This isn't perfect, but it's a great start.
Good: nice layout, with easy access to each view. List & Month views (the ones I use the most) are well thought out. Better todo-calendar integration than competitors. Week view scrolls by day (not full weeks) & Month view scrolls by week (not full months) - very helpful near end of the week/month.
Needs improvement: While viewing an event, must click Edit before editing some fields, rather than just clicking on the field. Day/Week views should allow creating events by touching & holding at a specific time. Can't drag events to new days in Month view (only in Week view). ToDo view should allow on-screen selection of which calendar(s) to view, not just how to sort todos on the screen.
Fixed: font size setting for Week view (3.04). Replaced date slider with calendar picker (3.1).
Favorite calendar app
I really like BusyCal, excellent features and very easy to use. It would be perfect if it had a widget and a watch complication, please add, (says the guy who doesn't know how to code 😏)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BusyCal, LLC
- © 2016 BusyCal LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.