BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and to dos.
BusyCal's unique features include customizable calendar views, integrated to dos, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, natural language input, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for Mac, the leading calendar solution for Mac OS X that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wid range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• To Dos are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• To Dos can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• To Dos can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• To Dos can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
• To Dos are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on Mac and iOS.
Travel Time, Locations and Maps
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for Mac.
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, OS X Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and to dos.
• Set default settings for events, to dos and alarms.
* Weather Underground has retired its service. BusyCal weather updates are now powered by Dark Sky, which provides more accurate weather forecasts.
* Added support for opening locations in Waze
* Links to some 3rd party apps are now clickable from notes (support added for Google Keep, OmniFocus, 2Do, Evernote, Things and Agenda)
* Completed todos with due times now show at their original due times instead of in the all-day section
* The "Carry forward uncompleted todos" setting no longer includes completed todos
* Improved handling of exchange auto-discovery
* Improved fetching of malformed subscriptions
* Improved delegate user checks when notifying users of incoming meeting invitations
* Improved exchange authentication process
* Includes fixes for changes recently made to Google Calendar, affecting shared calendars and events
* Fixed handling of unknown inbox notifications, which was causing a crash for some users
* Fixed WebDAV subscriptions not syncing over iCloud
* Fixed a bug where alerts would not fire for some unselected calendars
* Unsupported relative alert options are no longer displayed for Exchange to avoid confusion
* Meeting invitations sent to group calendar on Exchange, no longer appear in the Inbox when you're not invited
* Improved handling of CalDAV meeting invitations where these wouldn't otherwise show in the Inbox
* Updates to events with pending invites are now automatically synced to the server
* Ongoing stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Inadequate but useful
BusyCal on the Mac is great. I use it nearly every day. However, BusyCal for iOS is woefully underpowered. While it's a useful way to see all of my to-dos at once, or to get an overview of my calendar, the lack of secondary sorting for to-dos (by priority, then creation date, for instance), and the inexcusable lack of BusyCal for Mac's premier feature, filters—where you can show any combination of categories you like instantly—drastically reduce its usefulness.
The filters don't have to sync with the Mac; I may want different ones on the road anyway. But this is a crucial feature that has been bafflingly absent from this app for years. If this comes as a paid upgrade or an IAP, fine. But without it, this app is not really more useful than the stock Calendar app, and only somewhat more useful than Reminders.
Very good start
[review updated for 3.33] After using BusyCal on the Mac for many years, I'm glad to see them come to iOS. This is my favorite calendar app, and they've been busy improving it.
Good: nice layout, with easy access to each view. List & Month views (the ones I use the most) are well thought out. Better todo-calendar integration than competitors. Week view scrolls by day (not full weeks) & Month view scrolls by week (not full months) - very helpful near end of the week/month.
Needs improvement: While viewing an event, must click Edit before editing some fields, rather than just clicking on the field. Day/Week views should allow creating events by touching & holding at a specific time. Can't drag events to new days in Month view (only in Week view). ToDo view should allow on-screen selection of which calendar(s) to view, not just how to sort todos on the screen.
Fixed: font size setting for Week view (3.04). Replaced date slider with calendar picker (3.1). Create events with touch & hold in month view (3.33).
I have been using BusyCal for Mac for years and I am a satisfied customer. I recently purchased BusyCal for iOS to see if it could replace Fantastical. So far it works well on my iPad but it is a bust on my iPhone running the latest iOS 11. On the iPhone it cannot add events. Half the time when I press + to add an event, nothing happens. When the new event screen does open, I enter the event info and when I press Done, nothing happens. The app just stalls. Also, you can't open an event to look at. You can select an existing event (obviously creatd in another calendar app) until the cows come home and the app just sits there and does nothing. I have restarted the phone to no avail. Something is seriously wrong here and needs to be fixed.
Developer Response ,
Apologies, can you try v3.3 and let us know if it hasn't worked for you? Contacting us via our support webpage would allow us to get back to you quicker. We'd appreciate an updated review.
- Busy Apps FZE
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2016 - 2019 Busy Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.