BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and to dos.
BusyCal's unique features include customizable calendar views, integrated to dos, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, natural language input, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for Mac, the leading calendar solution for Mac OS X that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wid range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• To Dos are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• To Dos can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• To Dos can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• To Dos can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
• To Dos are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on Mac and iOS.
Travel Time, Locations and Maps
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for Mac.
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, OS X Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and to dos.
• Set default settings for events, to dos and alarms.
* Weather Underground has retired its service. BusyCal weather updates are now powered by Dark Sky, which provides more accurate weather forecasts.
* Added support for opening locations in Waze
* Links to some 3rd party apps are now clickable from notes (support added for Google Keep, OmniFocus, 2Do, Evernote, Things and Agenda)
* Completed todos with due times now show at their original due times instead of in the all-day section
* The "Carry forward uncompleted todos" setting no longer includes completed todos
* Improved handling of exchange auto-discovery
* Improved fetching of malformed subscriptions
* Improved delegate user checks when notifying users of incoming meeting invitations
* Improved exchange authentication process
* Includes fixes for changes recently made to Google Calendar, affecting shared calendars and events
* Fixed handling of unknown inbox notifications, which was causing a crash for some users
* Fixed WebDAV subscriptions not syncing over iCloud
* Fixed a bug where alerts would not fire for some unselected calendars
* Unsupported relative alert options are no longer displayed for Exchange to avoid confusion
* Meeting invitations sent to group calendar on Exchange, no longer appear in the Inbox when you're not invited
* Improved handling of CalDAV meeting invitations where these wouldn't otherwise show in the Inbox
* Updates to events with pending invites are now automatically synced to the server
* Ongoing stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Wow, great app!
First of all I really liked the app right off the bat from the description and pictures but all the bad reviews made me skeptical. Second, I am not coming from using the Mac version, I started fresh on the iOS first. I am picky on which apps I use and while I liked fantastical and calendars by readdle for functionality, I didn’t like the overlay or look of either.
Having used BusyCal I think it has more functionality than the other leading calendar apps, and I haven’t had any issues in terms of stability. This Calendar is powerful and works very well, is highly customizable, and I love the look as well.
My favorite part is the to-do integration and how it allows you to filter and sort your to-do’s: a lot of options here!
I hope this app gets more positive feedback as I believe it deserves it. Keep up the good work devs!
A little quirky but thoughtful & useful
Things I love:
- easy to duplicate and manipulate events
- the way to-dos (Reminders) integrate with the calendar itself (didn’t Apple Calendar formerly work like that?). This is incredibly useful to me because I need to see a spatially organized view of my day or week (not a uniform list) but I also like to have my to-dos in the same app, visually distinct but right there. Hard to explain but no other calendar app seems to be able to do this.
- how customizable the various views and defaults are
- the Mac app, though expensive, is quite nice too
Things that could be improved:
- on iPhone especially, and especially in portrait position, the vertical list of times along the left side takes up too much space
- odd that I have to use app-specific passwords to sync my calendars with this app, whereas other 3rd-party calendar apps are fine just asking me for permission to access them. But it’s ok because I haven’t found any other 3rd-party calendar app that I’d care to use.
A bug I noticed:
-sometimes when you long press to drag an event, you get an error saying it can’t be dragged; some nonsense like “scroll to the start of the event and long press again.” Huh? Tapping somewhere else and then trying again seems to make it work.
Inadequate but useful
BusyCal on the Mac is great. I use it nearly every day. However, BusyCal for iOS is woefully underpowered. While it's a useful way to see all of my to-dos at once, or to get an overview of my calendar, the lack of secondary sorting for to-dos (by priority, then creation date, for instance), and the inexcusable lack of BusyCal for Mac's premier feature, filters—where you can show any combination of categories you like instantly—drastically reduce its usefulness.
The filters don't have to sync with the Mac; I may want different ones on the road anyway. But this is a crucial feature that has been bafflingly absent from this app for years. If this comes as a paid upgrade or an IAP, fine. But without it, this app is not really more useful than the stock Calendar app, and only somewhat more useful than Reminders.
- Busy Apps FZE
- 27.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2016 - 2019 Busy Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.