** Kids have earned millions in allowance, completed millions of chores and invested hundreds of thousands.
“Since your kids probably won’t learn this in school, go to BusyKid and start teaching them now. This is a great idea! Check it out and get the kids on board.” Kevin O’Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)
BusyKid is the ultimate app that will help your kids learn how to manage money by simply doing chores around the house. This is the first and only chore app that allows a child to earn allowance and decide how to save, share, spend and invest it. Think of it as the first job your child will have with direct deposit!
Ideal for kids 6-16, BusyKid will help build sound money routines in saving, spending and investing in stocks. Within minutes your child can be earning money and taking care of responsibilities, instead of just sitting around watching TV, texting or playing video games.
Chore Calendar—Similar to all mobile calendars, the Chore Calendar allows parents to set daily, weekly, and monthly chores, schedule any task on a future date, or arrange for chores to repeat.
Parent Dashboard—One place where a parent can see what ALL the children are doing, earning, and spending. See the entire family or a single child with a single touch.
Child Dashboard—The weekly allowance and balance of a BusyKid Spend Card are prominently centered at the top of the dashboard, but the page also includes the options to save/invest, share or spend any funds in the account.
Activity Stream—Included in both the parent and child menus, the color-coded activity stream displays all the account activity for each day, as well as any money moved or spent by a child.
Push Notifications—BusyKid uses push notifications to alert parents to specific activity and approval for weekly payday.
Charities—Children have the option to donate their allowance to more than 20 charities that have joined the BusyKid family or to a charity of their choice.
• One low price covers entire family
• Quick set-up and fast motivation for children
• Uses real money for paydays and bonuses
• Assigned chores and activities based upon ages
• Preset allowances based upon ages
• Parental approvals via push notifications
• Parental monitoring of all activities
• Clearly displayed account balances
• Automatic Payday each Friday
• Parents can pay a bonus
• No age limit for BusyKid Spend Card for in-store or online purchases
• Children can invest in real stocks & follow kids stocks activity
• Children can donate allowance to over 20 special charities or their own
• Immediate and safe movement of funds between accounts
BusyKid gives children three ways to spend their allowance - GET CASH, BUY STOCK & BUSYKID SPEND CARD.
Parents have the ability to approve all transactions when money is moved outside the BusyKid platform (donation, money to spend cards, request for cash) as well as every payday. However, we’ve designed the app to be a teaching tool where mistakes can be part of the learning experience.
• Length of subscription (time period and content or services provided during each subscription period) 1 year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Bug fixing and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really want to like this. Had days of issues with the app not recognizing that I had a paid subscription, and after several back and forth emails the issue was fixed.
But that's not the only problem. Asks for my iTunes password almost every time I open the app which is super annoying. Never remembers my log-in info even though I have opted for that, no face ID, and now I can't even log in (again!). I really hope they can get the issues all straightened out. All of these problems should have been taken care of before being launched.
I will say that support is responsive but I didn't sign up and pay for this to help with bug testing.
Developer Response ,
Shannon ... We're sorry that you've had troubles but happy that we were able to help resolve one. We also have a chat and a phone number as options to communicate with support. We're currently doing an update that will take care of the Apple Store log in issue as well. I hope your future experience will be better and you can update how you feel about us. Sincerely - Mike Prusinski, President, BusyKid
Most amazing app out there!
This app is a godsend! I recommend it to anyone looking to teach their kids the value of hard work AND the value of money! One of the greatest concepts with an amazing platform! Easy to use and a way to make chores more rewarding! 5 stars all the way!
App is buggy and unclear
I can’t log back in to this app. I can’t login from my daughters phone or my phone. It’s not clear how my daughter logs in from her side. Do I log in on my account (which once again, I can’t do) and then designate her phone as a child account?
The graphic writing on the support site is awful, hard to read, and useless.
All this after I setup my bank account but now I fear for my login as this app looks like one big buggy, hackable, app.
Developer Response ,
Phil ... Did you get a solution to your problem? If not, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can address the issue. We want you to use our app for your family and I'm willing to make the changes necessary to do so. Thanks - Mike Prusinski, President
- BusyKid, Inc.
- 51 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 BusyKid Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- BusyKid $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.