Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane
By Cathy Lane Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** Gold Mom's Choice Award- Honoring Excellence.
Butterfly Kisses, those gentle fluttering of eyelashes on cheek, are the ultimate focus of this playful bedtime romp through the animal kingdom. The story takes the reader on a fun journey through the imagination of a little girl. With the tap of a finger the reader hears and sees Tigers roaring, Koalas snoring and birds calling!
This is the perfect story to read to a young child just before bedtime. The story is beautifully illustrated by Cathy Lane with handmade paper sculpture illustrations. The narration by Tracy Mann is delightful and engaging. This little picture book app is a visual and audible feast for young children ages 4 to 9.
After the story is finished the reader can participate in some fun educational activities- a puzzle which explains how the characters were made, a page where the reader can write their own words for a page for Butterfly Kisses and finally a page where they can illustrate their verse. On each story page children are challenged to find the lady beetle. Tapping the lady beetle activates all the animations and their sounds all at once.
Cathy Lane comes from a teaching background and wanted her book app to be used as a classroom resource. She has written and illustrated 3 FREE educational resource books for parents and teachers to use in conjunction with “Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane”. They cover writing, drawing and craft activities. They are available in PDF form for download at: www.butterflykissesapp.com
• Butterfly Kisses was originally published 1995 by Margaret Hamilton Books as a hard cover book. This interactive version is completely re-designed and illustrated with beautiful handmade paper sculpture illustrations.
• Original story and fun touch animations all create a warm caring experience for a young child.
• Music arranged and performed exclusively by Gary Bigelow for “Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane”.
• Realistic animal sounds and background sounds make for a fun audible experience.
• “Read to Me” and “Read by Myself” options.
• Words are highlighted as the story is narrated for clear word recognition.
• Tap the words to hear the narration again.
• The animal sounds and the background sounds can be turned off. This can create more active participation with the child making the animals sounds themselves as they read the story.
• There are arrows on each page for clear navigation of page turning.
• There is a butterfly menu button at the top of each page for clear navigation throughout the app.
Interactive and imaginative experience
This is a beautifully designed, interactive picture book - a perfect way to inspire the imagination of both for children and adults.
The animals are artistically drawn and it is a delight to touch the screen and discover how they move.
There are also interactive games at the end of the app that lead you to reflect on what you know about animals, create your own pictures and write your own verses to the book...
A wonderful children's book!
One of the best picture book apps on iTunes. Beautifully written and illustrated. A joy for the kids to flip through. Highly recommended!
Beautiful Graphics, Fun Activities
Fun interactive story book. Love the additional activities.
- Category: Books
- Released: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 72.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Potiso Pty Ltd
- © Cathy Lane Studios 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.