Created by a Primetime Emmy® award-winning software engineer, the Buttery Smooth Video Camera delivers broadcast-quality results without massive complexity.
Previously, pro camera apps required the knowledge of a film degree, and the hands of a contortionist. Buttery changes all that with Operator-Assist™ technology. Cinematic zoom provides natural pulls with a single tap. Real-time level and horizon overlays mean you’ll never have tilted videos again.
We obsessed for hundreds of hours to make Buttery powerful, yet simple.
- Record easily outdoors with large controls, and readable text.
- Turn location tagging on or off anytime. Your choice.
- Know how much record time is available as you select frame rate, resolution and camera.
- Consume less power than other camera apps, so you can record more and worry less.
Get full manual control of exposure, color and focus with freeze lock to prevent mistakes during recording. Buttery’s comparison meter even shows you the difference between your current manual exposure settings and what the automatic settings would have been.
Buttery's viewfinder now provides a grid of thirds, and a center-circle overlay to help with scene composition.
Got a DJI OSMO Mobile gimbal? So do we. It’s fully integrated into Buttery, with record start/stop, take a photo, current battery level and gimbal status overlays.
Grab a $6 bluetooth remote shutter, and avoid bumps caused by tapping the screen. Start/stop recording, zoom in/out, or take a photo without touching your device.
Everything you need is close, without clunky app-switching. Play, scrub and inspect your videos, and mark favorites. The easy-to-view battery level, clock, screen brightness and rotation lock are all a single tap away.
There’s no catches, no in-app purchases. Just Buttery goodness.
We don’t collect any personally identifying information. We only collect anonymous bug and usage information so we can make our app better.
“Buttery” and “Buttery Smooth Video Camera” are trademarks of Simple Fun, all rights reserved. And we’re not DJI. They own their own trademarks like “OSMO”. Frannie (Instrumental Version) by Josh Woodward is licensed under a Attribution License.
Thanks for all the feedback since our launch - we’re pleased to provide the most frequent requests in this version.
- Tap-and-hold the viewfinder to lock exposure and focus, regardless of any device movement.
- Record video at 25 and 50 frames per second.
- Record video without audio. If recording audio is disabled, there’s a mic icon displayed to ensure it’s really what you want to do.
- There’s a new center-circle viewfinder overlay, as well as thirds and real-time level and horizon indicators.
- We fixed a bunch of bugs with freezing camera settings, video playback and asking for ratings. Sorry about any hassle.
- Settings now has an easy way to contact our support team.
- A bunch of under-the-hood performance improvements for speedy smoothness.
Ratings and Reviews
Smooth, versatile & easy
Far superior to the Apple cam app. More controllable without having to dig through menus. It lets me make smoother (more buttery?) videos by allowing shutter speed choice to eliminate “juddering” look to motion when shutter speed goes too high. The smooth zoom ramping is cool. And the vibration reduction seems better. Also nice to have separate video and still buttons. And there’s more. Check it out. Bet it won’t be free for long.
Small app with big advantages
Was trying to use the camera app that comes with the iPhone to help sell my harley, problem was audio would only record the engine & not the stereo. Just got this app an boom no problems recording both stereo & engine.
Best app I've used
It offers enough options to be able to turn out a professional product without getting too complicated about it. It also does NOT drop frames or repeatedly crash like Filmic Pro
- Stephen Hartford
- 54.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Simple Fun. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.