Buxfer helps you see all your accounts at one place, understand where your money goes, reduce unwanted spending, and save for future goals.
ALL ACCOUNTS IN ONE PLACE:
- Add transactions on the go, even when not connected to the internet. Reconcile them later.
- Automatically downloads data from 10,000+ banks without storing your online banking password on our server.
- Upload bank statements or files from Quicken, MS Money and other financial softwares.
UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES:
- Insightful reports help visualize spending trends and easily spot irregularities.
- Build your own customized tagging structure, organized exactly the way you like.
- Create automatic tagging rules personalized for your transactions.
REDUCE UNWANTED SPENDING:
- Setup budgets to limit weekly, monthly or yearly spending per tag.
- Get real-time alerts on your mobile device when you exceed your budget.
SAVE FOR FUTURE GOALS:
- Forecast future expenses and account balances based on previous spending patterns
- Industry-standard 128-bit encryption is used to secure communication between our servers and your computer.
- Server infrastructure is compliant with industry standards such as PCI and SOC 3.
- Daily scans and Audits by independent, reputed security firms like McAfee and Symantec.
- High-grade 256-bit encryption is used to secure any sensitive information stored on our servers.
This is a major update. The app has been re-written to be a pure native app. This should result in a much smoother user experience, and vastly better performance.
This can also mean bugs :) Please contact email@example.com if you run into any.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of potential
Basically I have found this app to do what I’ve needed; budget, sync my bank accounts, credit cards, investment accounts and predict my cash flow based on reminder settings. It does have some minor bugs but easily corrected. I have searched for an app that functions in the same manner as Microsoft Money did several years ago and this is the closes I have found. I have several bank accounts and need to know the cash flow for each so I can plan accordingly. I have sent several suggestions through the app hoping they work on making this a great app.
Best Worthless App
This is the best finance app I've ever used. It's one of the only apps that I paid for the upgraded version. However none of the accounts ever sync. If they do once, it's a miracle and don't expect it to happen again. This is exactly the app I want it just doesn't work at all. So disappointed.
Updated July 2018. Developer messaged me to say the syncing issue had been resolved. I downloaded the app again and it synced the first day and then never again after that. I was told they use a 3rd party but I guess they couldn’t resolve the issue either. I deleted the app again
Developer Response ,
Around the end of 2017 (a few months after you posted your review), we have vastly improved our sync by integrating with a platform called Yodlee. Please give it another try and I assure you that it will work much better than before.
A couple of bugs, but fast dev response. Big plus for multi-currency support
Being an expat and lots of multi-currency transactions, this app is a dream. Yes, there’s bugs, but there’s been feedback within 36 hours, with updates. Big plus over the others I’ve tried.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.