We help over 6 million users around the world do their shopping routines with joy and pleasure.
The Washington Post: "Buy Me a Pie! lets users see their lists and update in real time."
The Next Web: "This is a neat, easy-to-use app that’s beautifully designed. But where Buy Me a Pie really comes in to its own is that a single account can be synced across multiple iOS devices."
TechCrunch: "Buy Me a Pie! is certainly well designed and simple to use, ratching up an average user rating of 4.5/5 in the App Store globally."
Lifehacker: "Perfect for grocery lists, Buy Me a Pie! ensures that you will never miss an item on your shopping list again."
AppScout: "...attractive, fast, and has plenty of features. This should be your first stop when searching for a grocery list app."
Geek.com: "There are simple apps that let you just make a list, but Buy Me a Pie! is tailor-made for the experience and it’s a nice looking app, too."
***** Featured by Apple App Store in Food & Drink and Productivity categories *****
You definitely need this app if you know the value of:
* Time: a well-planned list updated in real time saves precious minutes and hours in a store
* Money: when you know what to buy you're safe from spontaneous purchases and waste
* High spirits: we are sure you'll be happier without frustration caused by double purchases or forgotten items to buy
* Environment: paper shopping lists are made of trees. Our lists are made of lines of program code
* MULTI-PLATFORM. Use it on iPhone, iPad and any other device by going to Buymeapie.com website
* MULTIPLE SHOPPING LISTS organized into the convenient list of lists with the preview of their contents
* SMART GROUPING. Group your products by aisles with the help of colors assigned to the items, and the app will group the items in the list automatically
* SELF-LEARNING DICTIONARY. The entered items are automatically stored in the dictionary for future fast entry. The dictionary language may coincide the system language or not – the application settings allow both ways
* SMART SUGGESTIONS. The app will automatically suggest a word upon entering a few letters so you can quickly add items to a list. The suggestions reflect your own daily habits
* SIRI INTEGRATION. To have a product added to the shopping list, just ask (iOS 11+)
* DRAG AND DROP SUPPORT in the app for iPad. Came across a right product in a recipe blog or while chatting with your colleges? Just drag it to your shopping list (iOS 11+)
* PIN LIST. Any list can be pinned top by a single tap
* CROSSED-OUT SORTING. The crossed-out products are sorted alphabetically. And if the item has just been marked as bought, it is placed at the very top of the crossed-out section to be easily brought back to the list
* APPLE WATCH COMPLICATION SUPPORT. Shopping lists available on the watch face
* AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION in background: edit your lists, and we will take care of delivering the changes to your family or friends
* NOTIFICATIONS: see every alteration made to your lists in real-time and get push notification about the changes.
* Pull up the list to clear all checked items
* Turn off the auto screen lock option in the app settings
* Share your lists via text messages or emails
* Easily clone your lists
Bring your shopping experience to the new level of convenience and style!
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, wish it allowed punctuation
This is a fantastic app. I use the pro version and I definitely recommend it. Color-coding is a great feature - I use it for all sorts of lists, not just grocery shopping: online orders received/not received/to return, books I’m reading, weekend plans, and gift shopping for friends and family during the holidays. The user interface is intuitive, and I love that you can type continuously while creating several list items in a row, hitting enter between each, without having to tap the + sign to add each new item like most other list apps I’ve tried. Saves a lot of time!
The only downside is that, as part of this feature, Buy Me a Pie does this annoying thing where you can’t type commas, colons, or semicolons in any list item - ever. It will automatically truncate the text and turn whatever’s after the punctuation into a new line item. I wish there were a way to turn this feature off, because I use this app to keep track of pretty complex things and when I need to type a comma, I want the comma to appear as typed. I’m sure some people love this feature, but for me, hitting enter to start new lines is enough. So an on/off toggle for treating punctuation as a new line in the settings would be awesome.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this detailed review and suggestion! We will certainly take it into consideration.
Until recently, I loved this app. It wasn’t perfect, but it works well and has often made life easier for me. Recently, things I did not add to the list have made their way onto it. Since several family members share a food shopping list, this has resulted in unnecessary purchases. I think these are advertising or sponsored products, but it isn’t always obvious. This needs to be fixed. It is not acceptable for the app to add items to my list and it not be obvious that I did not add them.
My other criticisms are small. I often find myself wishing I could attach an image to items so my family can know exactly what I want. It would also be nice to have an option to send notices via text or email to members of a list that it has been updated. Otherwise it has everything I need in a list app.
Developer Response ,
The ads cannot be added to your list by themselves. Usually, they appear in the suggestion section and can be added to your list only if you tap them. If you ever come across such an issue again, please, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you login in the app, the name of the list and the items which were added to it. We will investigate what's wrong.
As for your suggestion about images and notes, thank you very much. We will take it into account when planning our future features.
Glad I found this app
Bought this to replace a list app that didn't make the iOS 8 transition quickly enough. This app is a lot like that last one, but even better. I like that it syncs between devices. I like how it saves items that have been purchased so one can quickly re-add them to the list when one needs to purchase the item again. I like the color coding that one can add to items. I like that items are easily editable. I like having multiple lists.
It might be nice in a future version to be able to attach a photo to an item on the list, so one doesn't have to type lots of details about it. It would be nice to see "red wine" on a list, and then open a photo to see the details of a specific wine.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this detailed review and an interesting idea! Actually, it seems like we already have it in our Ideas Base: https://buymeapie.userecho.com/forums/1-ideas-and-suggestions/topics/61-be-able-to-associate-a-photo-with-an-item/. Could you please vote for it? The more votes it gets, the higher its priority will be in our developers’ roadmap.
- National Business Group Ltd
- 60.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Buy Me a Pie!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.