Our Best-Selling Language-Learning Software - Now Available Straight from Your Mobile Device!
FREE: Each language has three vocabulary lists to learn, absolutely free.
IN-APP PURCHASE: To access all of the lists for a language, simply make an In-App Purchase for that language ($7.99). Each language has over 1,000 critical words and phrases organized into over 70 vocabulary lists.
Byki Mobile is a powerful and personalized language-learning system, designed to advance your new language proficiency by expanding your vocabulary reservoir. With its fun, addicting, and lightning-fast 3-step process, Byki Mobile makes it easy to learn a new language. The engaging flash card interface helps lock foreign language words and phrases into your memory, allowing you to recall them with better accuracy.
With Byki Mobile now available in over 80 languages, there is a language-learning option for everyone!
* Learn over 1,000 critical words and phrases organized into over 70 lists for each language.
* Read and see your chosen language in its native form.
* Hear every nuance of the language and master proper pronunciation with Byki's SlowSound™ technology.
* Test your knowledge of what you have learned with multiple choice quizzes.
* Track your learning progress with the Learned Items system.
* Review items that have become "stale" and turn them "fresh" again with refresh mode.
* Search for words and phrases on Twitter to see how others use the language.
* Use Byki as a phrasebook to search words and phrases in both English and in a foreign language.
+ General bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
There is no sound for the language that I purchased. I tried the sample lesson for another language and there is no sound their either. I was about to purchase a second language but that would be a waste of money.
I really like this app and find it a good way to acquire vocabulary and phrases for my new language, but I have two issues with it that prevent me from giving it a 5-star rating. First, some of the words are incorrect or inconsistent. In the language I am learning, I've found two that are flat out wrong, and several that don't match up completely (the English says "this" in a sentence, but the translation is of "that"). Second, you can't control the amount of time it takes for an item to become stale. I have almost 1100 learned items now and use the app multiple times per day, and I usually have such an overwhelming number of "stale" items that I can never get through them and move on to new content. I opened the app this morning after 24 hours of non-use and had 147 stale items. I spent about 30 minutes going through the review just to come back 10 minutes later to almost 70 more. I would really like to set it so that it takes more time for items I've gotten consistently correct to become stale again (I'm tired of seeing "hello" and "thank you" come up every few days-- I've got those down pat!). Overall, the app is worth the $7.99 per language.
Old version, Update
I wrote Byki asking why words and pictures were no longer available, if it were a bug and if/when it would be fixed. I received a very quick response and instructions on how to fix.
Part of their letter: When Apple released their 8.2 update our older Byki individual language apps no longer displayed the texts on the cards. The older apps are no longer available. We have released a new Byki Deluxe Mobile app that includes the fix and we can provide you (further info) for having purchased our older app previously. To download go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Byki Deluxe. Download the app for free.....
I signed into my Byki lists online where I found their email addy.
- Transparent Language, Inc.
- 47.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Transparent Language, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Haitian Creole Content Set $7.99
- French Content Set $7.99
- Spanish, Latin American Content Set $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.