By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
Indispensible Markdown Editor
This app is a key part of my blogging production. The markdown support is solid. The app is stable. And it publishes to Blogger without a hitch. I only wish it could retrieve articles from Blogger so that I could re-edit them.
Great Writing Tool, Not so Great for Technical Writing
The writing experience in this app is great. It’s simple, and elegant. What I like most about the app is having the inline markdown formatting. For instance, **bold** text is rendered bold, even without the preview. You can write markdown and get an idea of how it will look without constantly switching back-and-forth to preview.
However, I purchased this app to write technical documents with lots of code references. I was hoping my favorite functionality (formatting in raw markdown) would extend to code samples. The support for writing code is pretty rudimentary, though. There is no notable inline handling. Indented code blocks look just like regular text. There is no syntax highlighting at all, not even in preview mode. Any code blocks are rendered in the same font you’ve selected, so that leaves you with two bad choices: 1) Choose a more legible font, but deal with awkward spacing in your code samples, or 2) Choose a less legible font, but have your code samples look correct.
This is a nice app, I would enjoy it if I were using it for more traditional writing. If you are looking for something to document your source code with, you’ll save money and be happier with something like Atom, Sublime, or VS Code.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases