By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase to enable Premium on all your Mac devices. Enabling Premium upgrade on iOS requires a separate purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.7
Improved support for macOS Sierra.
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window — use menu Window > Merge All Windows (available only in macOS Sierra);
- Improved performance in Markdown rendering;
- Bug fixes.
Still my default application for writing
While not the most feature-rich of the minimalist writing tools, Byword remains the cleanest, fastest, and by far the easiest on the eyes which I’ve used. Byword is for people more interested in writing now and designing later.
Additionally, its developers are refreshingly agenda-free. From what I’ve seen of their web-presence, their communcations are free of political, sexual, or religious (or antireligious) squawking, in any direction. They make a great writing tool and that seems to be all they care about, insofar as their company is concerned.
MacOS Sierra has caused no problems for Byword so far in my experience. For those who’ve had issues with Byword on Sierra, I’m certain the guys at Metaclassy will patch it soon.
Best to all, and happy writing.
Broken in Sierra
Doesn’t scroll long texts in Sierra macOS. Just stuck on top section.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2016
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases