By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8.1
Improved compatibility with future versions of macOS.
My Default Text Editor
This App has become my default text and markdown editor. I love the way you can publsh to Evernote. That was really what sealed the deal for me. It scrolls just fine for me. My only complaint is that I wish we had some options for the font of the editor window. I prefer to use a fixed-length font for the editor and then see how it translates in the preview window. BTW, I have looked at a lot of possible options for writing multimarkdown text directly to Evernote and this is the only satisfactory solution (There is one called Marxico, but once you send a not to Evernote you can’t edit it).
My Go To Writting App
I’ve tried a bunch of different writing applications but the one I keep coming back to is Byword. It’s elegant, efficient and actually makes it a joy to write. Any time I need to take a minute and write something out — such as an email, blog post, this review — Byword is where I go. The ability to push aside other apps and interfaces and simply *write* is invaluable to me and makes this tool indispensible on macOS and iOS.
Love this app. Makes it so easy to write on the fly! Don’t have to remember to save and seamlessly transitions from device to device. Then when I’m ready to post on my blog to covert to Word, bada boom, bada bang. It also makes citing references very easy. If you write a lot, you gotta have ByWord!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 23, 2017
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases