By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
By far the best
I’m a writer not only by trade, but also as a life. Byword is the best thing when it comes to putting words down onto a page. I use other programs; Final Draft for my scripts, Scrivener for my books, MS Word for business, but Byword is my go-to when I want to get back to basics. It’s perfect for Wordpress, as it incorporates Markdown, and it publishes directly to your blog seamlessly. I’ve searched a long time for an app like this. I love the freedom of creativity it brings in a simple U/I - not to many bells and whistles, but just enough to get the job done easily and without distraction.
None More Beautiful
I love writing in markdown, and realistically I would be willing to use any tool to do so.
Byword, howver, is the most beautiful markdown editor out there _by far_.
My only wish is that they would allow you to set up a custom stylesheet in the app that would allow you to customize the appearance of your previews.
It would also be very cool if there was a keyboard command to export a pdf and a print-layout for previews as well. (I’d like to be able to tell how many pages long my printouts will be without leaving Byword; I use it at work to distribute 1-pagers to my team.
Excellent for being simple and not getting in the way
I write for a living. Having a word processor where I can do a first draft without it getting in the way is very important. This is entirely different from a word processor where I need to format the text. I’ve tried every word processor out there, but ByWord is the only one that allows me to recreate the pencil-on-a-blank-piece-of-paper feeling. I hope the creators will keep it simple and not try to make it do more things for more people.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases