Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and Reviews
A writer can build his life-long work with this.
Best distraction-free text editor so far!
Most important to me first: When I go to fullscreen (even on a 27" monitor), I can get work done! This is because of the "typewriter" mode, which keeps the actively edited line centered in the screen, scrolling the text around you as you work. Your eyes are thus always in a comfortable position on the screen, all the while nothing but you and your text is present.
Outside of that, most of the review covers the same things as all the other 5 star reviews, such as the option of using markdown, the simplicity and minimalism, and the support of both dark and light screens to your taste.
A great place to compose
Byword is my go-to place for writing, and also one of my crucial tools for text editing, especially Markdown. It has a great set of features fit into a real simple interface.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.