By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
Great writing environment
I am a casual writer. I like to write, and I like to write in markdown, so I don't need anything super flashy in a markdown text editor. My previous favorite editor was Ulysses, but their recent business practices left a bad taste in my mouth, so I went on the market to look for a replacement. I tried a LOT of different text editors. And many are very good. But Byword is really, really great. It’s very simple and straightforward, and it lets me write the way I want to write. Just simple flat text files that I can imbed pictures in for my journaling. That’s all I want, and Byword does this for me wonderfully. I also like that I can change the editor font to what I want. One of the big contenders I was considering didn’t let me do that, and that was the deciding factor in favor of Byword.
So I am now a happy markdown text journal writer again! Just so long as Byword never becomes subscription-based, I will be a happy customer.
Clean Interface Makes Me A Better Writer
I have been working on improving my writing by trying to write 500 words each day. I have use a variety of word processors (Word, Pages, etc..) and they each have their niche. When I discovered Byword, it was like a gateway to creativity had opened. The minimalist interface was a joy to work in. Nothing to distract me from my writing, just me and a blank “piece” of paper. I love it.
Having used it for close to a year now, I really have come to rely on it’s simplicity. I feel like I write faster and better because there are less distractions. When I have to use Word it just kills me. I feel like the screen is screaming at me to look at all the “shiny” buttons. It has become my go-to writing tool.
Works well, even for a hack writer like me
I’m an engineer by profession but I do occasionally get paid to write technical articles for trade publications. That being the case I was looking for a simple writing tool that supported multi-markdown and after looking at several options I decided to give Byword a try. So far it is working very well for me. I had been writing in MS Word but was often distracted by having to deal with formatting and other issues that had nothing to do with the words I was trying to get down on the page. Now I can just write.
The export to MS doc file format is not all that great. The workaround is to export as HTML without the Byword theme and open the HTML file with Word then save as a doc file.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases