By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
Excellent for being simple and not getting in the way
I write for a living. Having a word processor where I can do a first draft without it getting in the way is very important. This is entirely different from a word processor where I need to format the text. I’ve tried every word processor out there, but ByWord is the only one that allows me to recreate the pencil-on-a-blank-piece-of-paper feeling. I hope the creators will keep it simple and not try to make it do more things for more people.
Byword—my go to app for WordPress publishing
Not only is Byword easy to use for publishing to WordPress, and I mean easy, it works across all of your devices. So if I’m out, and waiting on someone, say in the doctor’s office, I can work on a project using Byword on my phone or iPad and have it saved in the cloud or on Dropbox for when I get home. Then, I can edit it if needed, or publish it in minutes.
it’s fantastic. No other word fits better.
I have been working on improving my writing by trying to write 500 words each day. I have use a variety of word processors (Word, Pages, etc..) and they each have their niche. When I discovered Byword, it was like a gateway to creativity had opened. The minimalist interface was a joy to work in. Nothing to distract me from my writing, just me and a blank “piece” of paper. I love it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases