By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase to enable Premium on all your Mac devices. Enabling Premium upgrade on iOS requires a separate purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for OS X El Capitan
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
- Improve WordPress setup for certain websites
- Do not generate anchors in headings unless Table of Contents is present in document
Still Great After All This Time
I had initially downloaded this app out of curiosity. Only after using it a while, in comparison to another markdown app, did I begin to appreciate how well this program is put together. It is in the little things that I came to appreciate it most. Things like when you hit the parenthesis or bold or italic before typing a word, both (opening and closing) show up. I also like that I can set my focus to paragraph as well as sentence… or if I want, no focus at all.
Not only is this good for people who need to work in HTML, but for writing in general, it makes things a lot easier. Text can be exported as RTF, PDF, LaTeX and Word if you are so inclined. Also comes complete with reverting to past saves.
This program is worth the money. I find myself writing more often just because it is so much easier. Definitely a plus. Highly recommended.
30 June 2016
A lot of editors have been released but I always return to Byword because it’s solid and it works. This is definitely one of the best apps I have ever purchased.
Does what it does perfectly
I’ve been using Byword for years now, and it’s still pretty much perfect at what it does: not managing large writing projects, just being a pure writing app. When I just want to bang out a blog post, Byword remains one of my go-to choices. It’s beautiful, *just* customizable enough to be able to tweak it to my liking, and always fast and performant. Perfect when you want to *just write*.
Great, lightweight, flexible text editing app!
Byword is a great app for text editing. Useful, functional, lightweight and flexible. What more can you ask for?
This app allows you to get everything else out of your way, and just write without distraction. Great for everything from notetaking to long-form material.
Write first, format later by importing the text file into your favorite word processor, blog, or whatever. But if you must format in real-time, byword will allow you to use markdown syntax.
And… it’s cross platform, so you can work on your documents from your phone, ipad, or mac, and easily switch between them.
I use this app every day.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 01, 2016
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases