By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
I use this app and Byword for the Mac, synchronizing with iCloud. They help me retain ideas for stories and poems, scraps of things I want to tinker at later at the computer, etc. This could not be a better setup for me. I was a longtime MS Word user, and I liked it well enough, but this is so much more efficient. I love having all my stuff at my fingertips wherever I am. I also love the simplicity of these apps. They really do get out the way and let you write.
I don't use Markdown much, but am getting more familiar with it. So I can't really speak to Byword's implementation of John Gruber's brilliant markup language. So far everything seems to work well in that category.
For me, this is it. I am deeply grateful for this family of apps and use them daily. Devs, if you read these reviews, thank you.
The app overall is great, and I like how easy it is to create lists and add emphasis. Is use it for note taking that I can save as PDFs and go look at later. However, this version seems to be exporting blank documents. I'm looking forward to a fix. Keep up the good work.
My Main Writing Tool
Syncs well between Mac and iOS devices. Can use Cloud or Dropbox. It's a great place from start to publish.
Really like the interface.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases