By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Improved for iOS 7**
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Search for text inside all your documents
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
- Updates TextExpander to latest version
The best text editor for iOS
As someone who has tried far too many different iOS text editors, Byword is by far the best.
The extended keyboard has exactly the right keys.
The interface is clean and easy to navigate.
The Dropbox and iCloud integration is excellent.
If you write in markdown, Byword handles that like a champ, with lots of export options. If you don't use markdown, the app is just a great text editor, and I use it almost every day.
Near perfect. Please give option to turn off markdown and...
Great app! However it would be nice to have the option turn off markdown. I don't need it or use it and it only takes up screen space. Thanks for considering the change. And please allow organize by modified date.
When you're editing a long document, and you dismiss the keyboard, the document scrolls completely off track. And then when you click on a word to begin editing at that point, the keyboard comes up, and the cursor is now placed at some random location.
I dismiss and reopen the keyboard a lot as I'm editing my document, and this makes it really frustrating to do so.
Will happily update my review when this issue is fixed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases