By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
I use this app and Byword for the Mac, synchronizing with iCloud. They help me retain ideas for stories and poems, scraps of things I want to tinker at later at the computer, etc. This could not be a better setup for me. I was a longtime MS Word user, and I liked it well enough, but this is so much more efficient. I love having all my stuff at my fingertips wherever I am. I also love the simplicity of these apps. They really do get out the way and let you write.
I don't use Markdown much, but am getting more familiar with it. So I can't really speak to Byword's implementation of John Gruber's brilliant markup language. So far everything seems to work well in that category.
For me, this is it. I am deeply grateful for this family of apps and use them daily. Devs, if you read these reviews, thank you.
Hidden preview button and no shortcuts
App requires you to swipe up at a weird angel to reveal the 3 dots then you can click that to show where the markdown preview button is. This is very annoying
Also the app doesn't have any shortcuts to do the markdown preview which is very annoying since you already have a multi step process to render your HTML.
Lastly the app doesn't recognize the '###' header which to me felt like a trivial thing to support as it is a <h3> tag.
Byword is simply amazing. It is the best text editor for IOS with the perfect combination of features and simplicity. It has changed my whole writing process making it easier so now I write more. Can't recommend enough.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases