Byword makes writing easier on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 11
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
Ratings and Reviews
The best markdown tool available
Most of the features I want: the ability to write book-length texts in one document (others fail at about 10,000 words per document). Reasonable markdown preview. Save across the cloud. Low price. Cool.
Good, but would like better Google Drive support
Overall, ByWord is a strong editor for developing blog entries and other short content.
I am giving five stars, but I would like to see support (or better support) for using multiple Google Drive accounts. This makes sense, since many users have a dedicated GMail account for each blog (or family of blogs). And if you already have this, please make it easier to find. I have my eye on Boxcryptor and other similar encrypted cloud tools, so I hope you grow your support for that as those tools mature and become more widely adopted.
Cloud services tied to email (GMail/Drive, Outlook, GMX, Yandex....) seem like a good idea in general.
And thanks for keeping RTF and HTML. I know most of your users are using Markdown, but I am one of those old timers who tried Markdown and like the older tools better.
If you would grant another wish, add "publishing" to OneNote as well as Evernote.
Byword has everything I need to write without the annoying bells and whistles that finally drove me from Word, which is clearly designed for secretaries (at least I hope it is designed for someone) not writers.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 8.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
- In-App Purchases
- Publishing Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.