By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
I use this app and Byword for the Mac, synchronizing with iCloud. They help me retain ideas for stories and poems, scraps of things I want to tinker at later at the computer, etc. This could not be a better setup for me. I was a longtime MS Word user, and I liked it well enough, but this is so much more efficient. I love having all my stuff at my fingertips wherever I am. I also love the simplicity of these apps. They really do get out the way and let you write.
I don't use Markdown much, but am getting more familiar with it. So I can't really speak to Byword's implementation of John Gruber's brilliant markup language. So far everything seems to work well in that category.
For me, this is it. I am deeply grateful for this family of apps and use them daily. Devs, if you read these reviews, thank you.
Great for notes
*Update: After communicating with the developer, my issue of blank exports has been explained. It's a symptom of Markdown vs programming issues/bugs. It's nice to have a developer that interacts with his customers.
- - - - - - - -
The app overall is great, and I like how easy it is to create lists and add emphasis. Is use it for note taking that I can save as PDFs and go look at later. *However, this version seems to be exporting blank documents. I'm looking forward to a fix. Keep up the good work.
Love it, but it won't publish to WordPress
I got a new iPad and was so excited to finally ditch my laptop and do all of my blogging with the iPad. Byword is an essential part of this set up. I've used it in the past and had it set up on my old iPad, but I can't get this new installation to publish to WordPress. The developer seems pretty attentive on here so I'm hopeful about getting my problem resolved quickly!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases