By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
# 50% off for a limited time #
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 8
- Document Providers
- iCloud Drive
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
- Fix a crash with iCloud accounts not upgraded to iCloud Drive
Gorgeous, usable, and solid
I've been using Byword on Mac and iOS for several years now, and it is consistently polished, elegant, and stable. It is by far my favorite pure writing app for use with Markdown, and its preview and export functionality are just as excellent as its writing experience.
The developers do not rush out their updates, sometimes delivering them a good bit behind an OS update, so that when they do arrive, they are solid—see, for example, the integration of publishing features or the new iCloud Drive support.
This is a beautiful app, to be sure, but there is one functionality that I am disappointed to see hasn't made it to the mobile version (yet?): typewriter mode. It is more ergonomic to watch a fixed point on the screen than to follow the cursor through the page. As I tend to write in long stretches, I end up watching the bottom of the screen, the whole time, rather than a more comfortable point higher on the page. Other than that, Byword is definitely a keeper.
iPhone 6 Plus support
5 stars for being a decent ios text editor that supports the iPhone 6. Hard to believe that I have yet to find another text editor that actually makes use of all the resolution and screen real estate I have.
Next wish: always restore me to the same file, same scroll point when I re-launch the app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 18, 2014
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases