C by GE
By General Electric Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet the C by GE APP. Live the good light. The simple, connected LED light bulbs for everything you do.
C-Life and C-Sleep are the connected LED light bulbs that go together like day and night, and make it simple to get light that always feels good.
For every room. Finally get all the levels of brightness you need from one bulb – from working, to cooking, to kicking back.
For the bedroom. A bulb that supports your body’s natural sleep cycle – for calmer nights and more vibrant mornings.
Brilliantly effortless setup, all without a hub. Bluetooth® enabled for more responsive control from your smartphone.
Instantly adjust the brightness of every bulb.
Control individual and groups of bulbs at the same time.
You do a lot of different things throughout the day, so you need different kinds of light. C-Life makes it simple to get the optimal light at every moment – all from one light bulb – clear, clean, and feels just right.
There’s nothing more important than sleep. And it all starts with creating the right environment. C-Sleep creates the perfect bedroom light – warm and calm at night, crisp and vibrant in the morning, with direct control or automatic transitions with the Follow The Sun feature.
It is easy to share control with a trusted friend or loved one.
Go to www.cbyge.com to learn more about the full experience and purchase the Starter Pack with 2 C-Life bulbs and 2 C-Sleep bulbs.
What's New in Version 1.1.26
Minor Bug fixes
Great lights, disappointing app
The v1.1 app update and v2.2 firmware update let the bulbs automatically turn on in the morning, change color between AM-Day-PM modes, and turn off at night without the app being open. This feature is great and I use it all the time.
The app still has a lot to improve upon to be as useful as competitors like Wink or Hue. The C by GE app doesn’t have a today widget or an Watch app for quickly turning the lights on or off. Instead you have to find the C by GE app, open it, wait a minute or two to connect to the light bulbs and then you can finally turn the lights on or off. Ideally, I’d like to just tap a button on my iPhone or watch and have the lights come on a moment later, instead of going through all these steps just to turn on the lights. Also, if you’re away from home, it’s not possible to remotely control the C by GE light bulbs since the light bulbs do not support Apple HomeKit.
Limited and a little buggy.. I can't recommend at this stage
First, I love the concept, and the follow the day is great and works well, but the overall functionality is very limited and buggy...
First the good:
1. Follow the day bulbs are great - or at least the light it gives out is- the waking light is perfect, as is the nighttime - however as I don't want to leave the bulbs on all day - it required to much manual intervention to control them. It needs a schedule where they can be tuned on week days only at 6:30am - off at 8am, and on at 8pm off at 11pm etc.
1. App is buggy: a) white screen hang often on resuming, b) does not sync properly between devices.
2) no widget or watch application so it takes too long to get to the app to control things.
3) no landscape or tablet display modes which make it hard to use.
4) no remote access, my house is 4,500 feet - it's doesn't even work completely in the same house.
5) no ifttt or HomeKit makes it hard to integrate into a smart home.
6) no ability to schedule to turn them off during the day dramatically limits the functionality.
Works Well, needs widget
The app works without any problems other than not registering a command the first time it's given. This doesn't bother me that much. I think for a smart home app, convenience and accessibility are the most important things. Therefore I think it's absolutely essential to have a widget to control the bulbs. Please make this happen! Half the time i just turn my light switch off and on to turn on the light because opening the app, pressing the button to turn on the bulb, the bulb not registering the command, then pressing the on button again simply takes too long.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 16, 2016
- Version: 1.1.26
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: General Electric Company
- © General Electric Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.