Ease into 5K: run walk interval training program
By Bluefin Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* From the makers of the original C25K app, this app will get you off the couch and change your life. It's the easiest way to start running, period. * Top health mag *SELF Magazine* gave us a whopping 5 stars! As seen on ABC News… and featured in the "Best iPhone Apps" book!!! This app is a RUNNING COACH in your iPhone – pushing you as you sprint and slowing you to a walk based on a proven interval training plan. No celebrity trainer needed! Just this top-graded app & your shoes.
Get off the couch 3 times a week for 30 mins at a time – and watch yourself become a marathoner. Interval training for a 5K is an absolute CHORE without this app.
Yes, you can still listen to your workout tunes. This app works alongside your music.
With Ease into 5K by Bluefin, couch potatoes and insanely busy people alike are gradually transforming into long-distance running machines… with just 30 MINUTES 3X EACH WEEK.
That's only 90 minutes a week. And in that small handful of minutes, you'll actually be TRAINING THE RIGHT WAY. We're talking training to lose weight and run 5K. So you won't spend your Treadmill Time wishing you knew what runners with coaches know.
******The ultimate couch potato transformation app is at your fingertips. Proven training for new runners!******
Training Ends in 8 Weeks... Or Keep Going
8 weeks to complete
NEW! When you're done with the 8-week plan, keep training (requires GPS*)
No need to look down at your watch while self-training
Built by runners
Alternates between running & walking
Just 3 runs/ week at 30-40 mins each
NEW online companion for your Bluefin apps
Back up and restore your workouts
View all your data from all your Bluefin apps in one place
Weekly workout summaries
Workout reminders to help you stay motivated
...and much more!
Works with iPhone and iPod Touch! Great with Nike+
Track your DISTANCE, PACE, WEIGHT & CALORIES BURNED with gorgeous graphs
Track days you've completed toward your goal… and see your history
Listen to your own music… and skip tracks without leaving the app
Audio alerts coach you to switch from running to walking and back
Get big encouragement by sharing on FACEBOOK or TWITTER (@bluefinapps)
PLUS! Choice of MALE or FEMALE coach voice. Journal entries. Compatible with iOS 5 and 6.
*** Transform from Barely-Working-Out to OMG-I-Can-Run… in just 8 weeks for $3 ***
Why It's the MOST POPULAR 5K Running App
IRONMAN LISTENS TO HIS OWN MUSIC"
"Not only did this app give me audio alerts telling me when I should run or walk, but I was able to listen to my own music from my iPod list instead of some other person's preference of motivational music."
– Matthew Murphy
Completed first 5k by week 7 (in 0:27:37). Has since done Ironman!
GREAT-GREAT-GRANDDAUGHTER OF EMILY POST NOW RUNS
"I have NEVER been a distance runner – hated running warm ups in high school, was always the last one done, huffing and puffing the whole way. While I had heard of interval programs, I had never tried one or thought I could do it... until I found your app. It has been the missing piece that allowed me to break my weight loss plateau."
– Lizzy Post
FROM 365 POUNDS TO RUNNING THE 5K... IN 6 MONTHS
"In February of 2011, I weighed 365 pounds. I decided it was time to change. I began to look at programs to help beginning runners. I was convinced that this app from Bluefin Software was the best choice. On July 4th, I ran a 5K! If you're thinking about starting to run, I can tell you - without hesitation - that app from Bluefin is the best start."
– Mark D Rucker
Completed 5K and 10k. Signed up for half-marathon on Oct 23, 2011!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.5.7
3.5.7 (this update)
- Integration with Health app in iOS 8
- Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the app to start on iOS 6.x devices
- Fixed crash due to music playlist
- Fixed "Add to Calendar" crash for iOS 6
- iOS 8 compatible
- Add workouts to your iOS Calendar
- Preview your workout schedule
- Print out the workout schedule with AirPrint
- See the route map on the workout screen
- Auto pause and re-start (must enable in Settings first)
Having issues with the audio alerts. They don't play when wearing headphones. They do play without headphones. I've tried changing settings around to no avail. I'm at a loss to what is wrong. Is it user error or a problem with the app? I was able to use this app with my iPhone 4 with no issues, but now with the iPhone 6, it's not working.
with no issues, but
music turns off after alert
there are several issues with this app. First, it turns off the music after providing an interval alert. That means after each change you have to manually turn the music back on. Second, the app does not provide an alert unless the is showing on the screen (meaning you can lock the phone).
Finally, I am having the same issus ctphillips4 in that the volume is super loud at the start.
current version is jacked
I used this app for a long time and really liked it, but the newest version is broken on my 5s. It won't properly show graphs and can freeze up when changing playlists while working out. Bugs happen sure, but it has been months since they last updated, while I see other running apps get timely updates when there are problems. Until this gets updated I can't rate it well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 12, 2014
- Version: 3.5.7
- Size: 27.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Bluefin Software, LLC
- © Bluefin Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Optional 3 Month Subscription$4.99
- Optional 12 Month Subscription$14.99
- Optional 6 Month Subscription$8.99