C3: Motion Study
By Steve Ball
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“It’ll restore your faith in adventurous songcraft” - Anil Prasad, Innerviews
C3: Motion Study presents innovative music in an interactive, touch-driven format for the iPad. Twelve C3 songs are transformed into a moving, multi-layered musical mash-up, a playfully pliable puzzle. Motion Study is visual and visceral way to experience the motion & emotion in this evocative music.
Seattle-based C3 is a collaboration between Steve Ball and Paul O’Rear whose unique music combines odd, intricate and interlocking guitar parts with stacked vocal harmonies. C3 performances feature a constantly morphing line-up of world-class guest musicians who collaborate to present improvised songscapes and multi-layered story-songs. Arrangements, tempos, keys, and harmonies unfold dynamically in the moment, and no song or show is ever performed exactly the same way twice.
The C3:Motion Study app reflects this same aesthetic.
Based on C3’s 2013 book and CD “Motion Study” this is the App equivalent of a live C3 show: subtle and surprising. The app, created in collaboration with Zentric – the world-class dev and design firm already doing amazing interactive work for Tony Levin and Genesis photographer Armando Gallo – gracefully unveils the hypnotic layers of C3’s music and art.
· music that moves: includes twelve evocative sonic and visual experiences
· tickle tiles to create your own remix while lyrics dance and disappear
· tilt to organically remix soundscapes into songs
· solve puzzles placing pieces to bring individual instruments into the mix
· tap to trigger spoken oblique strategies to poetically complement the motion in the music
· explore and discover hidden images as songs unfold and evolve
· put on headphones and spin stems to spatially create your own 3D mixes
· enjoy the mesmerizing “Modern Monkey Math” music video
· also includes all linear tracks from the original album with new, soundscape-enhanced remixes
· easily share song tile illusions, knotwork and album artwork
· share the app freely with friends
C3 website: http://www.steveball.com/c3/ | Zentric website: http://www.zentric.info
“an unusual amalgam of influences ranging from the acoustic ensemble side of Robert Fripp to the harmony vocals of America, Harry Nilsson and the Beach Boys… round out this adept, astute and thoroughly enjoyable outing, which comes packaged in a hardcover book with accompanying artwork”
- Barry Cleveland, Guitar Player Magazine June 2013
What's New in Version 1.2
Compatibility with latest iOS version