Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
c74 is an iPhone/iPad app that let's you connect your device with Cycling '74's Max/MSP 5/6.
The massive improvement over existing interface layout apps is that the layout is dynamically controlled by Max. Therefore we can have the interface adapt to the tasks it has to perform in real-time.
In order to connect this app to Max please download the free external from : http://www.nr74.org/c74/c74v152.zip
Custom controller interfaces are built straight from within Max, presets can be stored etc. The external features some nice attributes for receiving accelerometer, gyro, GPS, compass, shake gesture and proximity data.
The external also works within Max4Live, offering control for Ableton Live as well.
A new c74 desktop application will be available in the near future. This desktop version of c74 enables you to quickly create UI's for c74 and acts like a bridge between your iOS device and several desktop applications like Logic, Ableton Live, OpenFrameworks, Processing, Isadora via MIDI or OpenSoundControl. More info will follow...
For more info please visit : http://www.nr74.org/c74
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcDjlwqs238
What's New in Version v1.5.2
- Compatibility with Max 6.
- Deleting/closing the c74 external now disconnects the iOS app properly.
- iPad now works properly in landscape mode (beyond 720px).
- [read filepath] message now works correctly.
- Fonts & colors are now stored within presets.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- gyroscope attribute, including [gyroRate rate] message to set polling frequency
- [accelerometerRate rate] message to set polling frequency for accelerometer data
- flashlight support via the [flashlight state] message (experimental stage...)
- [bringtofront ID] and [sendtoback ID] messages
- rslider object
- swatch object
- panel object
- lcd object (basic implementation)
- button object now returns [ID 1] or [ID 0] instead of [ID bang].
- convert74, this application converts v1.4 presets into v1.5 presets
- d74, this application connects to the c74 iOS app and enables you to create UI's much more intuitive. The application also acts like a bridge between the iOS app and many other apps using MIDI or OpenSoundControl. d74 can be seen as an alternative to the c74 external, though not every function of the external is implemented in d74.
d74 is currently in beta.
Known issues :
- Sounds are recorded in .caf format, which unfortunately can't be read by Max
- Removed reading/grabbing of images, encountered too much crashes...
I was really looking forward to the possibilities of this app. I've worked with a handful of similar apps, but this one promised much more functionality and customization. After downloading and trying every possible variance of connecting with multiple devices on multiple networks and multiple ports, I can not get a usable connection. Max window reports connectivity and lists the device, but the "Waiting for connection..." continues to circle on my device. Pretty frustrating. I'm working with iOS 6.1.3 on an iPhone 4 trying to connect with Max/MSP 6.1.4 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8
This app has great promise, and works spectacularly when it connects. The problem is that most of the time it will never connect to Max/MSP. I've tried it on different channels, ad hoc networks, wireless routers connected to the net, and wifi LAN networks. Same results, rarely connects. An update for the iphone5 screen would be nice, too.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 13, 2012
- Version: v1.5.2
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: O.J. van der Veen
- © 2012, nr74
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.