TWO games in one App for your kindergartener and preschooler: pattern recognition; sorting objects by size and letters/numbers by position.
1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Pattern recognition and completion as well as sorting represent an important developmental skill for preschool children by expanding their intelligence quotient (IQ). It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns, and to compare size / position and sort objects/letters/numbers accordingly. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, size, etc.
Although all children develop as individuals, the age ration below should provide parents as a starting point in helping their children’s performance:
- Ages 4-5: Can complete without assistance.
- Age 3: Can complete with minimal assistance after directions are given.
- Age 2: Introduction to math concepts -- can complete with adult assistance
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vlcAUj-_WxE
* FUN NEW GAME added: identify letters, numbers, shapes and colors
* iOS 8 compatible
*@Reks would like to thank all the teachers and parents for their support and helpful feedback.
*Making our apps work for every student is our top priority!
Ratings and Reviews
Used to love this : (
We used to love this app, but now they have started to advertise very inappropriate things while my daughter is playing it. This is a game for preschoolers, it should not have movie trailers for R rated movies popping up. She came running up to me scared to death. We have to remove it. : (
This would be a great app if you could eliminate the ads. It is a great concept and my daughter loves the train but the ads make this app useless. Paying for this does not eliminate the ads.
I bought the full version of this app so that my students could review shape names, letter names, letter sounds, and patterns. It is very repetitive, but I believe it works well in the classroom because each student is only using it for a short period of time.
I am disappointed that the vowel sounds are not even close to the sounds we teach in American English, so I am not able to use that feature. For example, the /a/ sounds like the short /u/. Other than that, it will be a useful tool for review.
- natasa gajic
- 25.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @Reks
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock all features $2.99
- All pattern content types: Shapes, Colors, Letters and Numbers $0.99
- All pattern types: A-B, A-A-B, A-B-B, A-B-A, A-B-C $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.