Caboose - Learn Patterns and Sorting with Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors,
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
► “Applicable2U gives Caboose two thumbs up! It meets our approval for gaming with a reason.” (applicable2u)
► “If you are looking for an innovative way to introduce or reinforce sorting and pattern recognition for your Pre-schooler or Kindergartner, Caboose is just the ticket.” (TheiPhoneMom)
► “With a very interactive and engaging design, your child will be learning and having fun at the same time “ (http://www.iear.org)
► “Kids will definitely have fun with Caboose, and parents and teachers will appreciate the fact that they can customize it, avoiding the frustrations many children experience when they are unable to complete a task or activity.” (iHeartThisApp.com)
► “This is a cute and colorful app that is perfect for preschool and kindergarten age children.“ (LearnThingsWeb)
►Caboose Recommended by Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA)
►Caboose in 10 Best Introductory Math Games for the iPad by Learn Things Web
►Pappa Daniel (www.pappasappar.se) found the app to be educational and beneficial for children so he convinced us to create a Swedish version of the app
TWO games in one App for your kindergartener and preschooler: pattern recognition; sorting objects by size and letters/numbers by position.
1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Pattern recognition and completion as well as sorting represent an important developmental skill for preschool children by expanding their intelligence quotient (IQ). It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns, and to compare size / position and sort objects/letters/numbers accordingly. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, size, etc.
Although all children develop as individuals, the age ration below should provide parents as a starting point in helping their children’s performance:
- Ages 4-5: Can complete without assistance.
- Age 3: Can complete with minimal assistance after directions are given.
- Age 2: Introduction to math concepts -- can complete with adult assistance
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vlcAUj-_WxE
What's New in Version 4.0
* FUN NEW GAME added: identify letters, numbers, shapes and colors
* iOS 8 compatible
*@Reks would like to thank all the teachers and parents for their support and helpful feedback.
*Making our apps work for every student is our top priority!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: natasa gajic
- © @Reks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.