The CACFP Shopper app is an interactive tool built by the Iowa Department of Education to determine creditable items while shopping in the store. It can be used by individuals in any US state, but if you have individual product questions be sure to check with your State Agency.
In this app, just follow a series of questions about the products you see and the Shopper will tell you whether the item is creditable or whole grain rich. Some other notable features:
- Enter a few numbers from the Nutrition Facts Label and find out whether a breakfast cereal or yogurt meets the sugar requirements.
- Quickly get answers and make smart purchases with the CACFP Shopper.
- Use the ‘My List’ feature to store information on items you have selected.
- Keep the list for your next trip or share it with your team if someone else will be doing the shopping.
- Fixed bug where content was cut off on some screen sizes.
- Added in ability to export checked off selections for “Creditable”, “Not Creditable”, and “Whole Grain Rich” in the export My List feature.
- Removed notes from the export My List feature if notes are not entered (will not say “(null)” anymore).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.