Caffeine Zone 2
By Applied Cognitive Systems, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CaffeineZone provides a simulation of caffeine amount and some indications of the psychological effects. It helps you learn to use caffeine products more wisely. It is not intended to be used as a medical device, but as a demonstration of the pharmacokinetics (time course) and pharmacodynamics (effects) of caffeine.
-Shows the caffeine amount in your body based on model derived from research.
-Tells you what amounts for alertness and what amount you will have at sleep time.
-Teaches you to use caffeine products more wisely.
-Adjustable to support individual differences.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Thank you all for your support , comments, and feedback. We are sorry that we did not release the right version we intended to. This version should fix the problem for not being able to add new brands/items.
I track my caffeine intake daily and being able to model for the next 24 hours is great!
Please add an export capability. I have a sleep quality database and I want to be able to match these 2. Integrating data with Apple Health would also be nice.
Working again, almost
At least it launches and doesn't crash..
First data entered appears on graph, later entries show up in history but graph didn't change. Starting over.
Some potential improvements; feature request
I love the idea of this app, but there is some housekeeping that needs to be done. Here's what I've noticed so far:
- it's not possible to edit the name of any item in the caffeine list once it has been created (I can't see how being able to do this would mess up the graph)
- it's not possible to go back and edit items in the history once they've been created. You have to delete them and reenter them completely
- it's not possible to enter a one-time dose of caffeine (as opposed to a pre-set amount from the list). The old version of the app was able to do this
- it's not possible to log an item more then one day back. I realize that that is not going to be relevant in a lot of cases, but it was nice to be able to use that feature when I wanted to in the old version
– bug: the consumption time has to be five minutes or higher, otherwise the item does not actually show up on the graph. If you consume something instantly (for example, a shot or two of espresso), five minutes is not necessarily the appropriate amount of time, but putting zero minutes (the only shorter option) results in the graph not displaying that entry
- bug: 12 AM and PM appear as 0 AM and 0 PM
- bug: The text for some of the items in the settings tab overlaps with other text or graphics when in portrait mode on an iPhone
- it's not possible to edit the number of servings of an item. For example, espresso can be drunk in one or multiple shots, but the user has to input separate items for any varying number of shots. A bit cumbersome, especially if you only end up consuming a portion of whatever you had planned to consume
I had the free version of this app, which had not been updated in a long time, and I didn't realize that this version existed. I actually find this app very useful, so it is sad to me to see that the usability has, in some ways, gone down relative to the old version.
A feature request for new versions: it would be really nice if the data from Caffeine Zone 2 could be integrated into the Health app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 27, 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Applied Cognitive Systems, LLC
- © Applied Cognitive Systems, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.