Cairn helps you stay safe on your hikes, runs and outdoor adventures. Easily share your plans with loved ones, find spots with cell coverage, download offline topo maps, see stats on your route, record your hiking trail.
Just named one of the three best map apps for navigating the wilderness by Outside Magazine.
GET FOUND IF YOU’RE OVERDUE
• Notifications: Safety contacts are notified when you’re past due
• Live tracking: Contacts can see your GPS location during your trip or hike
• Rescue advice: Contacts get important info needed to make intelligent rescue initiation decisions
STAY CONNECTED IN THE OUTDOORS
• Download topo maps that are designed specifically for outdoor pursuits
• Send status updates with a single tap
• Know where others have found cell coverage
SEE TRAIL STATS
• Get live distance, elevation gain and ETA stats for 4000+ hiking routes, summits, and trails worldwide
• Customize your ETA stat based on your activity type (hiking, running, skiing, horseback riding, snow travel, mountain biking) and speed
• Record and save your trail while you hike
+ Easy: It only takes a minute to set up a Cairn
+ Open: Share plans with anyone – no app required to view
+ Customizable: Control how often Cairn collects your GPS location and battery usage
+ Flexible: Great for hiking, backpacking, trail running, horseback riding, skiing, cycling, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, boating and more
While the maps, trails and cell coverage information are always free to access, you will also start a free trial when you install the app. This allows you to try every one of Cairn's features for a full 60 days.
We are committed to bringing you the best app for adventuring in the wilderness. By subscribing to Cairn you are helping to support and shape our continued efforts in this direction. Subscribers also get access to all the features that help keep you safer in the outdoors.
•Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal.
•Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of Purchase.
•Turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Need support? Get in touch via Twitter, Facebook or email us at email@example.com.
This update includes fixes around entering your safety contact information.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is freaking fantastic
We have been using this app in Puerto Rico to help map all the science studies we have been doing in the rainforests above caguas after the hurricane. We have no cell service at all and little to no power. The ability to download detailed topography for free anywhere you might be traveling or working is amazing.
I have also had a contact with the cairns team. I was having trouble signing in with my new phone. They were amazingly helpful, and prompt in their response. This app should should not be free. It is too good to be true.
Keep it up y’all!
I feel so much safer!
I’ve been using this app while hiking overseas and it’s fabulous! I don’t have too many worries about getting lost, since I can download offline maps, and it lets my family keep up on what I’m doing. I most definitely recommend!
Very useful app
Maps are great and knowing how far I have to go is a life saver. Finding cell coverage is handy for making important phone calls that you forgot to make before you entered the wilderness (oops!)
- FITCLIMB COM LLC
- 95.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FitClimb 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $4.99
- Yearly $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.