Calc XLS Free Spreadsheet
By Mariner Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over a million downloads!
One of the most mature and powerful spreadsheets on the iOS platform is now available in a free version!
Like what you see but need more functionality? Upgrade via an in-app purchase and get the ability to edit imported files, transfer files using built-in web server, email files (as .pdf or .xls) and even share your data on the cloud with Dropbox!
Using Calc XLS Free, you can:
- View and edit Excel files (.xls Excel 97 and up).
- View pdf, rtf, rtfd, Word, Powerpoint, Keynote, Pages, Numbers.
- Make large multi-sheet spreadsheets with 32,000 rows x 256 columns - Choose from more than 10 included templates for business or home.
- Cut copy paste data or undo and redo actions.
- Construct formulas using over 200 functions (see our web site for a complete function list).
Bottom line, whether you are a home user, small business user, on the road or relaxing in your favorite chair, you have all the power you need, in the palm of your hand.
What's New in Version 4.2
added backup feature
added date format (DDMMYY)
fixed date format bug
updated french language text
For my purposes
I rate this highly for its benefit to me.
I use it for a record of keeping up with my medications and when to order refills.
I also use it for my finances. It calculates and has color options and even prints, though I haven't figured out yet how to print smaller. Nevertheless,
I am impressed with this free program and plan to make it even more valuable to me by creating a few more spreadsheets.
A big thank you is due to the developers of this program, that I take with me everywhere on my IPAD.
Rough start, great finish
First I got the free version. Loved it so I upgraded. Problem was I was using cvs files. Got frustrated. By using DropBox from my desktop, I was able to open those in Excel and convert my original files. I had put too much work in them already. Now I am a very happy camper!
One little oddity
An imported CSV file must not have any carriage returns (CRs) in the fields or they will be seen as field delimiters also. So every CR will result in a new spreadsheet line. My database app (HanDBase) allows CRs in a text field but I had to go back to the text fields and edit out all CRs. Now that I know this I agree with all the five star comments.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 09, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mariner Software, Inc.
- © 2016 Mariner Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Calc Lite for iPad Upgrade$2.99