By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Calcline allows to have a powerful algebra solver in small strip window taking just a small portion of your Mac screen.
It opens in a flash in a compact form on your screen ready to be used.
You can use it for simple additions or for complex formula using and assigning variables and constants
Variables and constant can be managed and assigned in a intuitive to use table (in a separate window) with simple clicks
Performed calculations can be displayed in a separate log window (content retained over re-launches)
Calcline offers an array of functionalities to help you work in a fast and effective way
You can work with all the variables and constants in a separate window, creating, deleting assigning them with click and edit
You can even Import and Export name/value from and to text files using a easy and powerful interface, even export to web tables!
You can also create and assign variables via calcline assignment x=…
You can specify precision display up to 16 decimal positions, work in radians or degree, and have always available a popup to paste (without errors) all the available formulas, and defined variables and constants
You can have the variable and constant values displayed inside the main strip windows
If you need detailed instructions Calcline has a PDF User Guide included (as any application created by Tension Software)
Any performed calculations can be saved inside a log
You can select to show step-by-step calculation or just the result
Log content is retained over re-launch of the application
Variables and constants can be displayed also in a compact form inside the main calc window
Calcline works with your international preferences settings (as example it uses ‘,’ for decimals or ‘.’ depending of your country
You can force at any time the value you like via the preferences
It works also as a service to _all_ the other app you have installed on your Mac!
You just select a math expression in any other app you have and from the service menu (available in any application on OS X) you paste the result!
Using it in an advanced way, Calcline offers mathematical expressions with infinite level of parenthesis to nest expressions and a large selections of math functions as:
square root, cube root, trigonometric sine, trigonometric cosine, trigonometric tangent, trigonometric arcsine, trigonometric arccosine, trigonometric arctangent, hyperbolic sine, hyperbolic cosine, hyperbolic tangent, hyperbolic arcsine, hyperbolic arccosine, hyperbolic arctangent, natural logarithm, base 10 logarithm, exponent base e, exponent base 2, exponent base 10, absolute, ceil, floor, factorial computation.
Calcline is fully compatible and optimised for OS X 10.8.
• Opens in a flash, it's Mac native code only for Mac only (no cross-platform crap inside).
• Uses a small strip windows that let you still focus on the other task you are working on.
• Evaluates mathematical expressions with parentheses, nested functions, variables and constants
• Easy to use and effective
• Variable creation and reference inside expressions are very easy using an interactive table.
• Constant table with editable values
• Variables and constants values are retained over different runs
• Expressions solved optionally step by step showing all the mathematical passages.
• Uses a very small window, expandable if necessary to show vars/consts .
• Offers calculation service to other Apps, just selecting an expression and choosing 'Calc With Calcline' from the services menu.
• Based on a custom fast calculation engine developed by Tension Software on OS X.
• Uses long double calculation (High precision with up to 16 decimal digit precision)
• Popup for fast introduction of variables and constants in formula
• DEG and RAD calculation for trigonometric functions
• Numeric format customisable depending the user needs and country
• Values and position retained over relaunches
• Embedded PDF user guide
Money back if you don't like it!
What's New in Version 4.1
- The import function variables and constants now has the ability to auto-detect the file encode format (solved problems with files coming from MS Excel)
- New file encode formats for text file to import, 9 accepted formats such as (UTF8, ASCII, UTF16, UTF32, OLD MAC OS 9) and others
- Now can import using also CSV-S format (Comma Separated Values using Semicolon) often used by Excel and other MS products
- New instant 'Delete Input' button
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2005-2014 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor