By Lalit Patil
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CalcMadeEasy is one of the best multipurpose calculators, which makes it easy to do financial planning/decision making, scientific/RPN calculations, unit conversions and notes. Its like 4 apps in 1 at one low price, NO extra packages to purchase later. Its bigger size display/buttons, full support to keyboard/mouse, auto notes and other goodies make it exceptional choice to replace stock calculator. Once start using this, you won’t go to other calculator. It has built-in auto-note taking capabilities which will automatically record calculations.
** Financial Calculations: Useful tool to help you in financial decision making and planning -
- Planning for new home or car -or- just trying to save money by refinancing current loan?
- Amortization schedule generation for loan to understand detail portions of payments.
- Want to know how much home or car you can afford?
- Want to know how much you need to save monthly to achieve long term monetary goal?
- Check how much interest you are going to pay over the period of loan.
- And much more... With auto-note taking option, all inputs and output can be noted and can be shared with others to make better decisions/planning.
1. Automobile: Auto Loan, Auto Affordability, Loan vs Lease, Cash back vs Low interest.
2. Business: Margin, Markup, Selling price and Cost calculations.
3. General: Tip, Shopping Discount.
4. Investment: Bond Calculator, Present value, Future value, Rate of Return
5. Mortgage: Loan, Advanced Loan (Extra Payments, Balloon), Affordability, Refinance
6. Saving: Saving, Saving Goal
** Units Conversions: Dealing with multiple units, traveling abroad or friends and family in other country? No problem, unit conversions can help. Currently it supports conversions for
3. Computer Data
7. Fuel Economy
** Calculator: Supports all general scientific and math calculations, RPN mode, option to access universal constants. Multiple themes. Check function to verify operands and operators. Access to past values. Innovative RPN mode with direct access to stack. Display modes: Normal/Scientific/Engineering.
** Notepad: App has auto-note taking capability (which can be disabled in settings). This allows you to share your calculations with friends and family without any extra efforts. This is very useful for financial calculations. You can also add custom content to notes.
What's New in Version 3.1
* New in Units
- Added Torque conversion.
- Added UK units to Volume - Pint, Quart, Fluid Ounce
- Added J and KJ to Energy.
- UK units to Fuel Economy
* Fixed App crash due to dependency on specific fonts.
It does everything I need it to and a little bit more. I love how functional it is and the built-in conversion and finance calculators. I can’t give it a 5 star because of two issues that are driving me crazy.
The loud button-clicking sound from entering numbers or clicking numbers on the interface will not even shut off when I hit ‘mute’ on my mac mini speakers. No other sound will play, but those LOUD and unpleasant button clicks will. This may not seem like a big deal, but when it’s 3am and I am trying to do some accounting hw without waking the whole apartment up, it’s a big deal. I have never had a program completely ignore the ‘mute’ command.
My second issue is just the size of the app’s interface. It’s HUGE. It takes up far too much space and can get in the way of the web pages and excel sheets that I am reading numbers off of. I have tried to see if there is a way to make it smaller, but there does not seem to be a way. Even the simple interface with only basic keys takes up nearly 1/4 of the screen, and with my 32” TV that I use as a monitor, that is no easy feat.
Most useful app on my desk
I need to make calculations, simple and semi-complex, several times each day. The calculator Apple provides wasn't stout enough, didn't offer paper tape type print outs, doesn't have anything like the functions I need. But opening Excel everytime I wanted to convert acres to sq. feet, or Euros to $$ wasn't convenient. CalcMadeEasy does all that, and much more, right on the desk top. And then shuffles off to the background.
This should be a very common solution, but in my experience, its not -looked at lots of over desktop apps before installing CME, and now have it on all our machines (!!)
Excellent Calculator & Unit Converter
I have this App installed on my MacBook Pro and my iPad mini … works great. I like the botton (on the Mac) that hides the button bar at the bottom. I wish that same functionality would be added to the iOS Apps (maybe a settings option). I would also like to see the working value update after every function key hit. Currently it only updates after hitting the enter key. This makes it difficult to watch your progress and tell if a typo has been made. Overall this App works very well. I would definitely recommend this App.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 03, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lalit Patil
- © 2013 CalcMadeEasy
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor