Calculate (Medical Calculator) by QxMD
By QxMD Medical Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the maker of the apps 'Read', 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation clinical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Point-of-care tools in the areas of cardiology, internal medicine, nephrology, general practice, hematology, gastroenterology, emergency medicine, oncology, orthopedics, respirology, neurology, neurosurgery, general surgery and obstetrics.
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Imperial units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much, much more...
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD Software is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
What's New in Version 5.3
- bug fixes
Apnea Hypopnea Index AND Respiratory Disturbance Index AS WELL AS OTHERS
This is a wonderful app. I have a serious seriously request for calculations. There is currently no known app with these calculator additions. I am serious about the Calc listings below. When you are dealing with Polysomnographic situations and you have these calculations you need to do it can be rather confusing. This app is TRUELY an amazing app. I will ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU ALL. THIS CALCULATOR LIST I HAVE BELOW IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE THIS APP ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. HERE THEY ARE.
1: Apnea Hypopnea Index
2: Respiratory Disturbance Index
3: Oxygen Desaturation Index
4: Apnea Index
5: Hypopnea Index
6: RERA INDEX
7: Periodic Breathing Index
When you are an RRT Working inside of the Polysomnographic Lab, you use the calculation parameters nightly. I LOOOOVE THIS APP SOOOO MUCH!!!
Still works fine with iPhone 5. Thanks for stayin up to date on most current recommendations.
Very well put together. As a Hospitalist I find the App extremely helpful with decision making.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 16, 2015
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: QxMD Software Inc.
- © 2015 QxMD Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.