By Jeff Furr
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Calcutta, one of the leaders in the fishing industry, is now offering an app that will make even the most experienced fisherman better. The Calcutta app integrates GPS coordinates with current weather information. This gives fishermen that ability to instantly log data that previously required multiple devices and far more time and effort.
Features of the app:
- Add "catch" sites by simply touching the spot on the map where you caught a fish.
- You can then give that site a name and log notes with details of the spot.
- The Calcutta "Weather Snap Shot" gives you the ability to save the current time, date and weather data with one touch of the button.
You'll use the My Catches portion of the app on every fishing trip, even the unsuccessful ones. It's nice to know the time, date, and weather conditions for the day you fished. It will help you decide when to (or not to) fish in the future.
- Everyone likes good weather information. The Calcutta app uses your GPS coordinates to pull weather info from the closest NOAA weather device in real time. Your not going to get any more accurate weather information than that!
- The weather information automatically updates every 15 minutes, but if you feel you need to know what the conditions are the very second, just hit the "update weather" button and you'll get it almost instantly.
- With the photo capabilities of the iPhone we wanted to give you the ability to use the camera without having to leave the app. It even adds the awesome Calcutta logo to the corner of the picture.
- For all of you that love the Calcutta logo, we've built in the ability to take any picture in your photo library and give it the Calcutta mark!
You'll soon realize that the Calcutta app is a fishing tool no tackle box should be without!
Used it today. Worked great. If you fish regularly you should have this app!
I have several fishing apps and this is by far the best one.. (and I had to pay for the others).
Calcutta Does Not Work
This app crashes almost every time it is opened. If it does not crash it cannot seem to find my gps location even when I have full bars. Unless this is fixed it is a waste of time and space.
Best fishing app!!
Great app. The "weather snapshot" feature is incredible. I'll be using it regularly.
- Category: Sports
- Released: Jan 10, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeff Furr
- © 2011 Big Rock Sports LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.