CalenGoo - for Google Calendar and iCloud
By Dominique Andr Gunia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CalenGoo gives you a fast and easy way to access and modify your Google Calendar with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It can also be used when you have no Internet connection, using the cached data. Changes are saved and uploaded the next time you are connected.
The calendar view is similar to the web view of Google Calendar. Events are displayed using the same calendar colors that you use in your Google Calendar, even Google's event colors are supported (please see http://www.calengoo.com/cc ). It also recognizes which calendars are visible and which are hidden. So the view should match the view of your Google Calendar as much as possible.
CalenGoo also has a month view similar to that of Google Calendar. It can be zoomed and panned to quickly get an overview over the events of a month. Zooming the month is done by using the two-finger-zoom gesture that you know from Safari and the photo application. A double tap opens the tapped day.
It also supports the same kinds of recurrence rules as Google Calendar and displays recurring events correctly even when you are offline or scroll far into the future.
You can also use Google Calendar's feature to invite people to events and see their status (accepted, declined, maybe, no answer). They will get an invitation email with links to e.g. accept or decline the invitation.
Google Calendar has an integrated task list, called Google Tasks. Tasks with a due date are displayed on the corresponding days of the calendar. CalenGoo can do the same, it can sync this list, display your tasks in the calendar views and in a list view and it even makes your tasks available offline. You can edit and add tasks and the changes will be synced with Google Tasks.
You either need a (free) Google Calendar account to use this app or you can use it with your iOS calendars (just tap the gear icon in the login screen). However using it with Google Calendar has several advantages. If you have problems to log in with CalenGoo, please make sure that at least one event is in your Google calendar.
To get more information, screenshots and a tutorial, please go to http://www.calengoo.com
If you have any problems or suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! It is technically impossible to reply to reviews, you need to write an email or take a look at CalenGoo's support website to get help.
If you think the font is too small and hard to read, you can increase the font size of all calendar views in the settings under "Settings", "Display and Use".
Features ( http://www.calengoo.com ):
- Drag&drop to quickly copy and move events
- Templates to quickly create similar events again. They can even be combined, e.g. one template for the location of an event and another for the attendees
- Print/PDF function to print the day, week, month or agenda view via AirPrint or to email it as a PDF file
- Supports the same recurrence rules as Google Calendar
- Supports Google Calendar's event colors when syncing via OAuth2
- Icons can be assigned to Google Calendar events
- Date/time can be entered using the iOS wheels or by using a keypad
- Fast search function
- Show/edit iOS calendars in addition to Google calendars (or instead of Google calendars)
- Sync with Google Tasks
- Reminders can be snoozed and they can be (optionally) repeated every minute
- Birthdays and anniversaries of your contacts can be displayed
- Zoomable month view, which can be configured to scroll horizontally (month by month) or vertically (week by week)
- Events can be linked to contacts
- Floating events and completable events
- Photos and PDF files can be created and attached to events (via Google Drive)
- Calendar selection bar to quickly show and hide single calendars
- The location of an event can be opened with Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Skobbler, Sygic, iGo or Waze
- View/edit calendars that are shared with others via Google Calendar
- Many configuration options to change the way the app looks and works
What's New in Version 1.5.55
- Added support for entering reminders as an absolute time.
- The "pull down to refresh" can now be turned off in the task view.
- Changed the authentication method to Google's new authentication method that uses the system's default browser.
- When using the pop-up in the month view you can now choose what should happen when tapping another day while the pop-up is already open ("Settings > Display and Use > Month view > Expert > When selecting a different day").
- Added an option to open the task edit screen instead of the task view when tapping a task in the Today Widget ("Settings > Display and Use > Task view > Advanced > Open tasks in...").
- The week view can now display the description of events.
- Added an option to specify if the day view should display the travel time of events based on their start time (as arrival time) or based on the current time.
- When printing an event from the detail view the "tasks in events" are now printed, too.
- Added a function to change the background color of the week view on days that have certain all-day events ("Settings > Display and Use > Week view > Expert > Events in calendars as background color").
- Bug fixes
Believe the Hype- this is a killah! gCal client
Power users, take note: this is a profoundly rare app, providing optional visibility to gCal's Description field. That's crucial for keeping track re an IFTTT recipe/applet connecting gCal with Twitter, with a dedicated cal's contents shooting out as tweets per your designated schedule (google: IFTTT "ScheduledTweet"). In other words, the applet does the same thing as Hootsuite and Buffer, but withOUT the ongoing $10/month subscription fee. Having literally tried every app in this store, I assure you: CalenGoo offers the best combo of intuitive optional features at a reasonable price.
FWIW, I had been using Informant—for years—which ignores the Description field. A recent upgrade kills vital features in version 4, attaches a subscription to gCal syncs, and presents a horror-story style UI in replacement version 5. That state of affairs coerced me into finding a replacement. I am grateful for the Informant developer's missteps, as I'm now miles ahead of where I was using that app.
Love it!! (5 year user)
Support staff is responsive and awesome. Each calendar and activity is just the unique color I want. Any time I have something I don't like, it's user error and they are happy to help me.
I love that I have form and beauty here. Some apps take away the words on the monthly calendar and replace with colorful bars... Or some other useless thing. With this one, I can go to month view and still see all my events. It looks good and works great!
It syncs perfectly. It works great with google (including matching to my 8 calendar colors) and does all that google tasks can do (and a little more, like put all overdue tasks on today, and view multiple task folders). The new floating task feature has changed the way I do my GTD system and I can check off when I have completed events.
This app has been my calendar app of choice for 5 years.... By far the app that has lived longest on my phone. (I shop and upgrade a lot.) It is interesting how this app used to be one of a kind, and now there are a few copycats, but this one still seems to have the most features that are integrated the best.
Best part: I'm always finding new fun features to get more out of it! I regularly check out the expert options and always find new things to get out of the calendar.
Highly recommend it!
Hands down beats Apple and Google
This calendar has so many wonderful features and options to manage and view your calendar and tasks you will wonder how you ever lived without it!
If you have used the Apple calendar app or Google's web or iOS app, this app will prove you get what you pay for. This app links to the Google calendar and/or the iCloud calendar, so you always have a backup on line. It will also integrate with Apple reminders.
I have been using this app for six years. The developer has continually upgraded it and added new features. I recently had a question and received a detailed reply within hours. I doubt you could find a better calendar!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 11, 2017
- Version: 1.5.55
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Dominique Andr Gunia
- © 2016 Dominique Andre Gunia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.