CalenGoo - for Google Calendar and iCloud
By Dominique Andr Gunia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CalenGoo gives you a fast and easy way to access and modify your Google Calendar with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It can also be used when you have no Internet connection, using the cached data. Changes are saved and uploaded the next time you are connected.
The calendar view is similar to the web view of Google Calendar. Events are displayed using the same calendar colors that you use in your Google Calendar, even Google's event colors are supported (please see http://www.calengoo.com/cc ). It also recognizes which calendars are visible and which are hidden. So the view should match the view of your Google Calendar as much as possible.
CalenGoo also has a month view similar to that of Google Calendar. It can be zoomed and panned to quickly get an overview over the events of a month. Zooming the month is done by using the two-finger-zoom gesture that you know from Safari and the photo application. A double tap opens the tapped day.
It also supports the same kinds of recurrence rules as Google Calendar and displays recurring events correctly even when you are offline or scroll far into the future.
You can also use Google Calendar's feature to invite people to events and see their status (accepted, declined, maybe, no answer). They will get an invitation email with links to e.g. accept or decline the invitation.
Google Calendar has an integrated task list, called Google Tasks. Tasks with a due date are displayed on the corresponding days of the calendar. CalenGoo can do the same, it can sync this list, display your tasks in the calendar views and in a list view and it even makes your tasks available offline. You can edit and add tasks and the changes will be synced with Google Tasks.
You either need a (free) Google Calendar account to use this app or you can use it with your iOS calendars (just tap the gear icon in the login screen). However using it with Google Calendar has several advantages. If you have problems to log in with CalenGoo, please make sure that at least one event is in your Google calendar.
To get more information, screenshots and a tutorial, please go to http://www.calengoo.com
If you have any problems or suggestions, please send an email to email@example.com! It is technically impossible to reply to reviews, you need to write an email or take a look at CalenGoo's support website to get help.
If you think the font is too small and hard to read, you can increase the font size of all calendar views in the settings under "Settings", "Display and Use".
Features ( http://www.calengoo.com ):
- Drag&drop to quickly copy and move events
- Templates to quickly create similar events again. They can even be combined, e.g. one template for the location of an event and another for the attendees
- Print/PDF function to print the day, week, month or agenda view via AirPrint or to email it as a PDF file
- Supports the same recurrence rules as Google Calendar
- Supports Google Calendar's event colors when syncing via OAuth2
- Icons can be assigned to Google Calendar events
- Date/time can be entered using the iOS wheels or by using a keypad
- Fast search function
- Show/edit iOS calendars in addition to Google calendars (or instead of Google calendars)
- Sync with Google Tasks
- Reminders can be snoozed and they can be (optionally) repeated every minute
- Birthdays and anniversaries of your contacts can be displayed
- Zoomable month view, which can be configured to scroll horizontally (month by month) or vertically (week by week)
- Events can be linked to contacts
- Floating events and completable events
- Photos and PDF files can be created and attached to events (via Google Drive)
- Calendar selection bar to quickly show and hide single calendars
- The location of an event can be opened with Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Skobbler, Sygic, iGo or Waze
- View/edit calendars that are shared with others via Google Calendar
- Many configuration options to change the way the app looks and works
What's New in Version 1.5.47
- A search/filter function for the settings has been added
- A few bugs have been fixed
The Only One
I've been using this calendar for years. It does everything it's supposed to do, and does it well. There are three things that make it superior to other calendar apps: 1) You can tap where you want to add an appointment and the time and date is pre-filled when the dialogue box pops up. No spinner wheels--unless you want to change the date/time once you're in the dialogue box. 2) You can drag appointments to new places. 3) The month view is actually functional. Color coded events are easy to read so you can see exactly what's going on. No useless dots on a grid that require endless taps to interpret. To sum up, if the developer ever stops updating this amazing calendar app, I'll be despondent.
4.9 star rating
This is a fabulous app, no question about it I use it faithfully. One feature I would love and wait patiently for is the ability to specify foreground/font color in Day View for an event. There are so many rich features to this app that it is surprising that this simple one isn't included. I look forward to each update but get dejected when this feature isn't there.
Nonetheless, I can't imagine how any other calendar could top this one. It's near perfect.
Simply the best!
I just LOVE this app! Without a doubt CalenGoo is my #1 favorite app on my iPhone. It takes the standard Google calendar which I use, and adds incredible flexibility to it. Love the templates!
Granted, it does take a little effort to get it customized the way you want, but being a bit of a geek, I love that. I've tried other calendar apps, several others, but none of them can hold a candle to CalenGoo. If I could give it a higher rating that 5 stars, I sure would.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 19, 2016
- Version: 1.5.47
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Dominique Andr Gunia
- © 2016 Dominique Andre Gunia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.